Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 Minnesota Fall Bear hunts. Openings available >

Minnesota Fall Bear hunts. Openings available

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Minnesota Fall Bear hunts. Openings available

Old 06-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Minnesota Fall Bear hunts. Openings available

Bear-Down Outfitter and Guide Service[/b]
Hunt north of Duluth on public and private land. Bear-Down Outfitters and Guide Service can set you up on active baits. There are a large numbers of bear in our two zones and tags should be available even after the drawing.
You will be staying in a clean comfortable cabin with full electricity, kitchen appliances, cooking utensils and electric heat.
Food is not included[/b] so you should bring your own or you can eat at near by restaurants.
If you get your bear early we can offer excellent fishing opportunities as well. Fishing for walleye, northern pike and pan fish on area lakes will help you enjoy the rest of your stay.
Our Standard Bear hunt package. This is a 5 day bear hunt with your guide. Your guide will bring you to your stand and pick you up after hunting hours. If you are successful your bear will be field dressed, caped and quartered and placed in a cooler until your departure…………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦...Price $1000.00[/b]
If you have a group of 5 hunters[/b]……………………………….. Price $4500.00[/b]
NOTE[/b]:We highly recommend that all hunters practice and sight in their weapon for the hunt. Should a hunter wound a bear that cannot be recovered their hunt is over. They may stay for the full time the hunt is booked but hunting is over since other hunters will be coming and we do not want to lose bears that would be available to them. [/i]Licenses [/b]– Bear license applications should be available in March each year with deadlines by May. You can apply on the internet at www.dnr.state.mn.us, or we can help you get the paperwork filled out. If you are not successful in the lottery there is a strong possibility that tags may be available over the counter due to being under applied. Non-resident tags cost $196.00 and resident are $39.00.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:05 PM

Default RE: Minnesota Fall Bear hunts. Openings available

Model70wsm, looks like a good deal. Tried to talk to wife about this as money is not the problem, the fact that we have a newborn baby is. A wonderful problem at that. Anyway, too busy making sure my wife is not going nuts with the kids by herslef this year but I will keep this in mind for next year. How far in advance should you typically book?

BTW, I told my wife she and the kids could come along and stay in the cabin but also warned her, "however, I've hear there are gonna be lots of bears around so I'd stay the hell in the cabin." : )
Old 07-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Minnesota Fall Bear hunts. Openings available

Hi Chucker34,

I understand your situation. I used to leave my wife at home, with 3 kids and without a car every weekend of archery and rifle season. The woman is a saint because she still puts up with me. I know now that I wouldn't put her thru that anymore.
The outfitter usually gives priority to previous year hunters as far as bookings but doesn't take any until March. The license applications are available in May.
The first week usually books up right away but that isn't necessarily the best week every year. The second week still has a few openings now and the third week is wide open.
Take good care of the wife and kids and we will talk again later.