Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 Trophy Whitetails, Fall 2007, North Missouri >

Trophy Whitetails, Fall 2007, North Missouri

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Trophy Whitetails, Fall 2007, North Missouri

Old 12-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Trophy Whitetails, Fall 2007, North Missouri

I still have a few hunts available for 2007 Archery season, andModern firearms, which includes: Any centerfire rifle, revolver or pistol, muzzleloader, shotgun with slugs only,crossbow, or bow.I have nobody booked yet for the special muzzleloader only season, which follows modern firearms season in Dec. I also haveroom for 4 more turkey hunters in the spring.
These are semi guided hunts, we show you the property and point out the hot spots, we provide a map and areon call24/7 to assist you with game retrieval, field dressing, tracking or whatever you need to make your hunt the best it can be. Guides are available by the day if you wish one. Lodging and meals are on your own, but we will help you find a motel or campground, or you may camp on the lease. Check out our prices at hiddenvalleyhuntingllc.com Please don't judge us on our website! I'm a hunter not a webmaster.It is being worked on by pro's over the next few days. But for now, you can find contact info and prices there, and soon pictures too.
12/28/06 I've been out of touch with my computer tech guy at work because of the Holidays, but I can see that the website is still needing work. I've been guiding hunts for 18 years and never thought I needed the internet. Now when I've decided to try a website things aren't going well with it. I'm starting to think that word of mouth and a few small adds placed in big newspapers is still a better deal.
Anyway, to answer a question that was asked of me on the telephone that everyone here might need to know, our prices are set by our competitors who have fancy lodges and penned up animals. We do not have a lodge (yet) and our hunts are 100% fair chase with no guarantees. This is not a country zoo, where you can choose the exact animal you want and shoot it in a cage. This is Hunting! But our land is less hunted with bigger numbers of animals and we set our prices lower to compensate for the fact that you have to buy your own motel and meals. We could charge you more and pay for your motel and restaraunt visits but why?
I am not knocking all fenced hunting either. I know that you can chase a buck around all day in a brushy acre of land and never get a shot. And I know that in Missouri, in order to have a high fenced hunting area for hoofed mammals you have to have have 350 acres minimum, in one continuous tract. I consider this fair too. Not natural, or "wild", but that buck has a better chance than you do. You have to hunt. The only difference is if you miss a buck in a pen, you know for a fact that he isn't hiding on the neighbors property, and wherever he is ,you can still look for him. In the wild, you screw up and miss or spook him off the place, you may never get another chance. This is real hunting for real hunters, and they know without asking,there are no guarantees.
There are other outfitters in this area (Missouri and Iowa), who will guarantee animals.I simply do not agree with shooting elk or deer from the lodge deck, while they eat at hay bales in the back yard. If you want to spend $4000.-$6500. to do this, and you feel good about your livestock purchase, good for you. It's legal and an easy way to put hugeantlers on your office wall, but don't tell me you got him hunting, or that it's a trophy!