Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 Anyone ever hunt w/IMB Ilinois? >

Anyone ever hunt w/IMB Ilinois?

Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Anyone ever hunt w/IMB Ilinois?

Old 10-18-2006, 05:08 PM

Default Anyone ever hunt w/IMB Ilinois?

If anyone has ever hunted with IMB outfitters in Illinois I'd appreciate to hear their experience, when and what time of season, and if they think they got their money's worth.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:02 PM

Default RE: Anyone ever hunt w/IMB Ilinois?

hi, look at www.huntinfo.com and click on outfitters and go to reviews. Type in IMB. There are quite afew reviews in there, both good and bad. Hope this helps, Rick
Old 10-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

I have hunted with IMB the last 2 years. I think everything was fine. I saw about what they said I would. Didn't get a deer, but I saw some monsters. Going back again this year.

I'll be glad to address any specific concerns you may have......at least, in regards to my experiences with IMB.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Spike

JCAM270, have you hunted with them or are you just looking for info to base going on a hunt with IMB?
Old 10-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Spike

ive hunted there, hunt at the kinderhook lodge in pike county, first of november. IMB is a great place but all have ups and downs. i liked the illinois hunt better than the missouri, missouri you stay at a bed and breakfast that is a gigantic victorian nice place but its in the city limits and not very hunter inviroment...in illinois you stay at the kinderhook lodge what a nice place/people the guides stayed there and all was accommodated.... the only other downfall was when i was there there was i think 15-20 guys so alot of hunting pressure. but we killed some nice bucks, have you watched the new PRIMETIME BUCKS video with HS STRUT ALEX REUTLEDGE had a encounter with a giant twice and couldnt close the deal, but during gun season he was killed i think scored in the 220s. so its a goo.d place
Old 11-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Spike

Like Nate75 says, go to huntinfo.com ...some guys are estatic and others pissed... I'm going to Pike/Brown 12th to 16th, my third year with a small outfitter. In 2004 my 135" ran to neighbors property 1 hour before dark the last night(shotgun in next day) Last year 11-14 took a 150" day before cold winds came... Have heard money is tight lately and competitors will talk big... I like to hang my own stands anyway. Have always heard good things about Tom at "bucks beware"... I also like to hunt colder weather, going to be 70' late next week in St. Louis. Some of the stories of guides taking big ones after paying client saw them the day before would make anyone mad, and property laws are strict in Illinois for getting permission to trespass, wouldn't want to hunt overlooking the neighbor's land. My business is down this year, and it trickles down everywhere else, may be more bucks to see this year..and next..?.. Good Luck...Aim Low!! P.S. be courtious of your fellow hunters, remove all trash from field, and let the small one's GROW!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've never hunted with them, but I know a couple of the guides and they are great people.

Good luck.