HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever hunt w/IMB Ilinois?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Huntoneup
Spike

Default RE: Anyone ever hunt w/IMB Ilinois?

Like Nate75 says, go to huntinfo.com ...some guys are estatic and others pissed... I'm going to Pike/Brown 12th to 16th, my third year with a small outfitter. In 2004 my 135" ran to neighbors property 1 hour before dark the last night(shotgun in next day) Last year 11-14 took a 150" day before cold winds came... Have heard money is tight lately and competitors will talk big... I like to hang my own stands anyway. Have always heard good things about Tom at "bucks beware"... I also like to hunt colder weather, going to be 70' late next week in St. Louis. Some of the stories of guides taking big ones after paying client saw them the day before would make anyone mad, and property laws are strict in Illinois for getting permission to trespass, wouldn't want to hunt overlooking the neighbor's land. My business is down this year, and it trickles down everywhere else, may be more bucks to see this year..and next..?.. Good Luck...Aim Low!! P.S. be courtious of your fellow hunters, remove all trash from field, and let the small one's GROW!