Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters > Hunts/Outfitter Reviews
High tines outfitters buffalo county wi >

High tines outfitters buffalo county wi

Community
Hunts/Outfitter Reviews Went on a great hunt or had a good outfitter? - Write a Review of your experience!

High tines outfitters buffalo county wi

Old 12-29-2014, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Kind of a wash as all 3 "members" are brand new with only 1-2 posts each and all of those posts are on this topic only. Any or all 3 of them could be legitimate or not. It's hard to make that determination with just a few posts that are all on this one specific subject. FWIW, most members build up credibility with other members through hundreds, thousands or sometimes even 10,000's of posts where other members have vetted them throughout that posting process and have learned to trust them. In all fairness, I don't think hardly anybody is going to develop that credibility (good or bad) with just a few posts as it's too hard to figure out where that new member is coming from and what motives they have or not.

This sub-forum was conceived as a place for members to post good and bad info about outfitters so that others could research an outfitter if they were interested and hopefully connect with another hunter with relevant hunting experience with that guide or outfitter. Member(s) can post general stuff about an outfitter or guide and then interested members are free to PM that member for more details, contacts, etc. It's designed to be a reference for further research on an outfitter or guide through other members that have hopefully established credibility and are not personally involved with that outfitter or guide.

The sub-forum is NOT designed to be a place where people file complaints against an outfitter--there are organizations who handle that responsibility. Some of these places (but not all) include state Fish and Game departments, Outfitter and/or Guide associations, BBB, Dept. of Consumer Affairs, etc. Anybody researching an outfitter should automatically conduct this kind of research, especially if they haven't been able to find previous hunters as references.

I think pretty much everybody has gone on a hunt, guided or not, where the hunt did not meet their expectations. Whether it's DIY or guided, talking with other hunters is often a valuable part of scouting research for any hunt being considered. Many people don't have enough time or live too far away from the hunting area to do their own scouting and thus consider hunting with a guide or outfitter.

When people do so, they have an expectation that the guide or outfitter has done sufficient scouting, knows the area and animals and has a good chance of putting them on game. That's all it is. A good chance of being put on game. Not a guarantee or sure fire thing. For that, you would need to hunt a high fence operation and even then, things don't always work, especially if the fenced area involves a large enough area for the animals to hide.

The bottom line in this soapbox is that this sub-forum is maintained as a resource for hunters doing research and is not the place to resolve complaints or problems. As such, any ongoing feuds will simply be deleted with the initial posts left as a potential resource for interested hunters. If you have any questions, please PM me and I will do my best to get you an answer.

CalHunter
Old 11-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Spike

I have sat by the wayside for long enough. I am an 18+ year landowner bordering a property leased by High Tines Outfitters (Cory). I have had repeated incursions onto my private property by others from this leased property for all 18+ years, all without bothering to seek permission first. I have had conversations with Cory regarding the fact that he should never cross our borders until he obtains direct permission from me for that occasion. Nevertheless, he, his partners/employees, and/or his clients have trespassed on several occasions, even though he assured me he would not, and adamantly denied he has done so. On Nov 7 of this year, I witnessed a small racked buck that had been poorly hit by an arrow rush past me and 2 relatives at 5 yards like a fast freight train, directly off Cory's leased land. It had travelled 500+ yards and was going strong. Since I could see the blood stain from the arrow hit, I ended my hunt for the day and returned home to await Cory's call for permission to trespass in order to track this buck (definitely way under P&Y 125 minimum as an 8 pointer), plus I skipped the next morning's hunt to do the same thing. The call never came, neither did a personal visit to my house. So I predicted to our group I would need to catch him trespassing red-handed, and I went out to the area a few hours after daylight. I did not even have to wait for Cory, his partner, and 2 paying clients. I walked right in on them in the middle of my property without permission, trying to track a poorly hit animal. He exposed all 4 of them to trespassing charges, and he was informed that his illegal actions have now permanently removed any chance of his tracking any wounded deer onto our property as he has created the last straw. Now his clients that hunt the narrow fringes of our large woodlands and farm will likely lose many shot deer onto our land (downhill from his), even after paying Cory nearly $3,000 for 4 days of hunting. They may kill a trophy, but they will likely not be able to take it home with them. Cory has no one else to thank but himself for placing his clients in such a bad spot. He has demonstrated poor judgment, a complete lack of respect for his neighbor AND THE LAW, and a lack of integrity and ethics. So if you still choose to hunt with this outfitter, be aware they you run a high risk of losing your trophy onto our property which is off-limits to Cory and High Tines Outfitters.