Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Gear
 Damaged a Leupold Scope >

Damaged a Leupold Scope

Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

Damaged a Leupold Scope

Old 02-07-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Damaged a Leupold Scope

Bent the objective end when I slipped on some ice coyote hunting before the super bowl.......................if I send the 35 year old Vari-X 6X to Leupold, how will they treat it? How is thier warrenty?......anyone may respond.............thanks for the help!

Happy Trails............
Old 02-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Damaged a Leupold Scope

Send it in and find out. It is a lifetime warranty and you aren't dead yet, are you? All reports I have heard agreed that Leupold stands by the warranty big time. Don't be surprised if they send you a brand new scope. Please post a new thread when you resolve your problem, as I would like to know the response they give you.

I have three of the VariX-III scopes in 3.5-10x 40 mm: one on a .243 Winchester featherweight, one on a .25-06, and one on a .30-06. I love them and have never had any trouble with them, but none of the scopes is over three years old yet.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:00 PM

I will send it in.....................just took it off the .222 and it has a nice un-natural angle to the objective end.

Just realized it is not the Vari-X but an M8 6X. It's going in no matter....I will post the results when I get it back.

Later......................thanks for your post.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:19 PM

call them first to get an RA # or they will refuse the scope
also explain the prob they may send a replacement out before they get yours
CALL THEM
good luck
Old 02-07-2005, 06:48 PM

Got it ........thanks!
Old 02-08-2005, 02:10 PM

Send it in! With the iron clad guaranty, it's a "no brainer". They may decide to charge you for the fix, they may not, or they may send you a new scope free and clear. But, be honest with them up front and you will not be disappointed.
Last summer, I sent in an older Vari X II that I bought on Ebay, which simply had missing turret caps. I told them the straight story on the scope, and that I wanted new caps, and to please look at the scope and advise me if there would be any charge. About 1 1/2 weeks later, my scope came back....they had completely dissassembed it, checked all lenses, verified it was still in top notch condition, replaced the turret caps, included valuable paperwork on the scope and other assundry information....and all at no charge. I couldn't have been more impressed. And I let them know. You can't miss with this group. Top notch.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:54 PM

Thanks Submoa:

I called them this AM and they said to send it to them. I fully expect to be telling you all is this forum in a couple of weeks about how well I was treated. Honesty is always the best policy..........my folks taught me that early on.

Thanks for the comeback!