Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

flocked heads ? (goose dekes)

Old 02-25-2005, 11:44 PM

Default flocked heads ? (goose dekes)

thinkin bout riggin up with a buncha flocked head dekes ..... how well do they hold up ?? i hunt quite a bit most seasons ... and most of my hunts are not what ya call normal ...may pack in a mile or so .... i know they look awesome ... but would hate to get a bunch of em and have the flocking wear off after a season or less .... thought bout usin a seperate bag just for heads .... and i have seen the socks made to slip over the heads .... but just curious as to what they can go thru fore they are flockless ... lol
Old 02-27-2005, 04:10 PM

Default RE: flocked heads ? (goose dekes)

I tried flocking my Bigfoot heads 2 years ago. They do not look very good now so I am trying to figure out how to take it all off now.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:14 PM

thanx for ya reply ..... thats what i was afraid of ... but i know they look AWESOME ..... did ya remove the heads and bag them up seperate while transporting??? and if so did ya use covers for the heads ?? i would think if ya used sum fine grade sandpaper ya could remove the remaining flock and then re-paint ??
Old 02-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

We bought some tube socks to put on the head/neck of our flocked head birds for storage/transport, so far they have held up well doing that!
Old 03-03-2005, 10:03 PM

Great Idea Carp..I don't own any but have hunted with them..very sexy dekes. I am not sure how well they hold up when packing other then in a trailor or if you do them yourself though.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:41 PM

My Dad runs a Waterfowl Outfitting service here in Maryland. He and his partner flocked over 100 geese heads and they look great. They made it through all of last season and will need a few touchups, but they seemed to hold up pretty well. But when he had half done/half unflocked and we were sitting in our blinds waiting for the honkers you could really tell a difference betwwen flocked and unflocked! Hope this helps.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:50 AM

like anything that you use it will get some wear. Touch them up if necessary. I place socks over mine when in transport. Flocking is just another thing that might give you an edge over those birds.