Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Polaris 700 H.O.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:43 PM

Default RE: Polaris 700 H.O.

I have a Honda Rancher 350 with 329 cc's. I have been riding with a guy with the Sportsman 700 and his broke down. I took mine in a stream and hit a hole; there was water over my handle bars. I just hit the gas and took off. I didn't get stuck. I would recommend a Honda.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mine has two buttons. One puts it in selectable 4wd. The other locks the differentials for true 4wd.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:01 AM

Just a few ATV facts...... Any Polaris, starts with a J, ends with a K, with a U and N in the middle. Their made cheap, very poor engineering, terrible on the warranty end, and very difficult to work on. Granted, they've come along ways, but their still in a different class(preschool).
Artic Cat, also made very cheap, no engineering(they hire other companies for that. Too many irons in the fire, mass confusion company)
Honda's..... Well you can't beat the motor. They've always built good units. But drum brakes yet guys? C'mon, get with the program.
Yamaha.... Can't say too many bad things. That 660 Grizzly is pretty good. A little out dated though.
Suzuki.... They're really coming along. That fuel-injected 700 is top notch, and a good company.
Kawasaki.... Now let me tell you guys if you don't know. That new Brute Force 750, and the Prairie 700 are 2 totally @ss whopp'n machines. I do the ATV pull-drag thing across the mid-west. I've seen every make and model out there. There's nothing that can even compare or compete with those two machines period.
If your in the market for an ATV do yourself a favor and shop around. Go out test drive the wheelers your interested in. That big V-Twin engine Kawasaki is building isn't for everyone, but if your looking for something AWESOME those are the ones I'd consider 1st!
Just two cents from a guy that knows ATVS>> Bill
Old 11-15-2004, 03:16 PM

Just a few ATV facts...... Any Polaris, starts with a J, ends with a K, with a U and N in the middle. Their made cheap, very poor engineering, terrible on the warranty end, and very difficult to work on. Granted, they've come along ways, but their still in a different class(preschool).
Artic Cat, also made very cheap, no engineering(they hire other companies for that. Too many irons in the fire, mass confusion company)
I agree with that . A/C i wouldnt even think about one . why not buy a suzuki?

Honda's..... Well you can't beat the motor. They've always built good units. But drum brakes yet guys? C'mon, get with the program.
Correct but they have the best drum brakes in the business. mine only has drums on the back. i have highlifters disc's on the front. the brakes IMO are there only drawback and that is easily solved.

Yamaha.... Can't say too many bad things. That 660 Grizzly is pretty good. A little out dated though.
I will agree yamaha is a pretty decent machine. now just how outdated is the grizzly?

Suzuki.... They're really coming along. That fuel-injected 700 is top notch, and a good company.
HUmmmm a company that is coming along and has a new FI 700 that has suzuki on it but the engine is a kawasaki???

Kawasaki.... Now let me tell you guys if you don't know. That new Brute Force 750, and the Prairie 700 are 2 totally @ss whopp'n machines. I do the ATV pull-drag thing across the mid-west. I've seen every make and model out there. There's nothing that can even compare or compete with those two machines period.
Personally i wouldnt have a prairie . i have an older 300 4x4 bayou that has cost a lot to keep her going. i wouldnt spent the money again on kawasaki.
and your last line there that all depends on what one wants to do with a atv. i have hauled firewood with a older gentleman that has not one but two kawasaki prairies . he is looking a foreman s now cause they flat outpull with ease his prairie. oh and why does he have two? i asked the same thing . he said cause the one was always breaking.
thats what he said??

just my pennys replie from a guy that likes atv's that work. rebel
Old 11-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Well here is a quick question for ya.

Who on here knows who makes the motors that they put in the A/C Quads? This might be a hart breaker for those of you that put it down , but have nothing bad to say about this perticular manufacturer.

hunter338.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:52 AM

ORIGINAL: hunter338

If so then what was the problem.
The name Polaris is your first problem. I guess everyone has there own opinon but in my eyes they are useless for the stuff i put a bike through.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:18 PM

hunter338 suzuki makes the engines on artic cats. a former dealer that lost alot when he started selling those pieces of rolling junk told me . this guy invested alot of his money in the company and lost his rear!@!!
warranty stuff and just the things breaking right off the show room floor killed him.

but from some of the models and engines i see they have now it looks like kawasaki and polaris could be selling them engines.
it really wouldnt matter who was supplying there engines or whatever i wouldnt have one.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:45 PM

I'm looking into getting the Yamaha Grizzly 660.I was wondering how this will do in water and snow since it's belt driven?
Old 11-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

VFT, the Grizz will do fine, do not worry about water and snow.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't had any trouble with mine in water. Don't know about snow. Maybe it will snow and stick on the ground for a little while one of these years so I can try it out.

Quick Reply: Polaris 700 H.O.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.