Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Chain-On Stand

Old 10-22-2004, 11:54 AM
etw

Default Chain-On Stand

Cabela's offers the E-Z Hang Tree Stand in a Steel and and Aluminum model. I have used the steel model for three seasons and love it. My brother in PA. has the same stand. This stand uses a chain-on Receiver ($12.00 for a spare) which makes it nice since I don't need to wrestle with the weight of the entire stand when hanging, just the weight of the Receiver. And, the chain is squirrel, rot and knife proof. With several Receivers chained at different spots I need only to lift the stand from one Reciever and slide it in another. The stand platform has three slots to adjust to "level". I like it so much I'm going to buy another, might try the aluminum model its 3 lbs. lighter. Just thought I'd throw out a review of this reasonably priced hang-on. IMO its a keeper.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Chain-On Stand

i had one of the first steel mangum stands and loved it. i gave it to a relative, but miss it and will probably get another..... great stands
Old 11-21-2004, 06:43 PM

Default RE: Chain-On Stand

imo i dont like chain ons...i have one that i use wtih an api 16foot climbing stick but i feel unsafe in it even tho it doesnt budge