Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Where do you buy your gear?

Old 10-19-2004, 01:38 PM

Default Where do you buy your gear?

I've been looking all over the internet for some good places to buy my gear. I was wondering if anyone had a good place other then your local brick and mortar shop that you have found some great prices.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:01 PM

Default RE: Where do you buy your gear?

I'd say I buy more at Cabelas than anywhere else. Their prices aren't bargain basement, but their service, efficiency and quality are top notch. I've dealt at various times with bargain places and sometimes they work out great. Other times, their web sites are confusing, shipping is uncertain, order fulfillment is inconsistent, and often quality of products is sometimes excellent, sometimes "you get what you pay for".
Old 10-19-2004, 04:20 PM

I guess one of the reasons I'm asking is I've bought a lot from ebay and it's always worked out but I was wondering if anyone else has found some places that might be as good or just a hidden gem.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

CABELAS hands down
Old 10-19-2004, 07:00 PM

I also buy from Cabelas, but I also buy from Sportman Guide. They have some very good prices and some great closeout stuff. I've been happy with everything I've purchased from them:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/
Old 10-20-2004, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

On the internet, I usually go to Cabela's or Bass Pro. There is not much difference in price, but I usually buy more hunting gear from Cabela's and more fishing gear from Bass Pro. MidwayUSA.com and eastcountyguns.com are both pretty good.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:14 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: stress-relief

I also buy from Cabelas, but I also buy from Sportman Guide. They have some very good prices and some great closeout stuff. I've been happy with everything I've purchased from them:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/
I also shop at Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops sometimes , but the majority of my gear has come from Sportsman's Guide . They usually have the best price , and even Cabela's couldn't top their customer service . They have the distinction of being the ONLY company that I've ever written a testimonial letter to .
Old 10-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

i buy a lot of my gear on ebay, and just at local stores.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:35 PM

Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, MidwayUSA, and Natchez Shooter's Supply get the bulk of my business. If you can't find what you are looking for at one of these four places, then it probably doesn't exist!
Old 10-21-2004, 11:56 PM

www.outdoorsuperstore.com is a great place, and they have good deals.

Quick Reply: Where do you buy your gear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.