Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Where do you buy your gear?

Old 10-22-2004, 03:03 AM

Default RE: Where do you buy your gear?

I own a business here and I make sure that my purchases are made locally to support the local economy. I'm really not willing to send my money to an out of state corporation. I may pay more for my gear but the satisfaction of doing business locally is worth it. I encourge all to loosen the wallet and buy locally.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:20 AM

If it's just something little, I go somewhere near where I live. But I make a few Cabela's trips a year so that's where I spend most of my $$. Plus my Cabelas card points help out quite a bit.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cabela's, Sportsman's Guide, and Cheaper Than Dirt.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:57 PM

ORIGINAL: muley69

I own a business here and I make sure that my purchases are made locally to support the local economy. I'm really not willing to send my money to an out of state corporation. I may pay more for my gear but the satisfaction of doing business locally is worth it. I encourge all to loosen the wallet and buy locally.
I agree with you about supporting local business. With shipping, it's rarely the case that mail order is a lot cheaper, but for me, it generally boils down to efficiency of finding what I need, not just saving some bucks. In the small city where I live, there's a lot of stuf that's just not available locally. Plus, a lot of the time I don't know if the thing I'm looking for is or isn't available locally and I can spend an hour driving from one store to another looking at what they have. I buy locally when ever practical though.

I will NEVER use local inventory to try something on and then order it mail order to save money. To me, that's just plain wrong because one of the things you're paying extra for (if indeed it costs more) is to be able to see, feel and try an item before purchasing.
Old 10-30-2004, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used Basspro or Cabela's usually. For my Camo clothing I usually wait until the season is coming to a close and go to Wally World. They mark stuff down.I have so much camo now it will be years until I need to buy anymore.Unless something catches my eye that I have to have.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 11-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

I've bought from the usual, Cabellas, sportsmans guide etc. have also ordered from Keystone Country Store and Eders. They just opened a new Gander Mountain a little way from here so I've been by there as well.

silbowhunter
Old 11-21-2004, 06:40 PM

i get mine usually at walmart or basspro
Old 11-22-2004, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

Cabela's, Sportsmen's Warehouse locally. Bass Pro has never had the gear I'm looking for, I gave up on them years ago. For wool items my local thrift stores.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:55 PM

cabelas, bass proshops always good for there return policys for optics I do shop around bearbasin.com beats or matchs any price I found for scopes or binoculars with usa warrantys.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:28 PM

Found a website and have purchased from them twice. Very impressed with the prices and the products.

[link]http://www.dragonflyproducts.com[/link]

Don't work for them or anything but they have good prices and selection !!

Quick Reply: Where do you buy your gear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.