Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Urgent Need Good Cheep  Digital Scouting Camera >

Urgent Need Good Cheep Digital Scouting Camera

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Urgent Need Good Cheep Digital Scouting Camera

Old 10-16-2004, 07:31 PM

Default Urgent Need Good Cheep Digital Scouting Camera

Ok my friend needs a couple of good cheep digital scouting cameras, he has got a trepasser problem on his land they have about 20 eightys, i looked on http://www.x10.com and there security cameras were no good they would not send a wireless signal through the woods, if you have a good suggestain please tell me if you have any other sites with cameras besided cabelas please tell me, if you have anything good please tell me. Thank You.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Urgent Need Good Cheep Digital Scouting Camera

He may have a double problem then. Digitals arent cheap so if he is going to use the cam
for trespassing problems then he will have to worry about the cam getting ripped off.
He may be better off getting a cheap 35mm cam instead. I know developing sucks and
takes time, but I`d rather lose a $70 cam than a $300 one.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:01 PM

Instead of a camera set up trip wires with C4. Trespassers are a problem everywhere. We spend alot of money to own the land and alot of money to protect it from thieves. Yes thieves, trespassers are thieves. The land is something they don't own and there is no reason for anyone to trespass unless they intend to take something or damage your property. I have your same problem but I am taking drastic measures to stop it. What will you do when you get a picture of them? Hard to prosecute. Then you have to worry about retaliation, especially if you are not there all the time. More than likely they are locals and go on your property during the week. You may have to sneak on your own property and get set up to catch them. But a warning from experiance, be prepared to shoot to protect yourself!
Good Luck, hope you catch them!
Old 10-17-2004, 09:31 AM

My friend is a doctor he said he is prepared to spend a fair amount. The trespasser is a menace he burns down tree stands, potches all sorts of animals, he stole his $300 decoys ( He was realy angry). He was also thinking of puting them a little higher so the guy could not reach or damage them except by shooting them. I know that my friend would shoot him, there where trespassers a few weeks ago when i went up with him and we had some bi fire works to scare them off, we heard them talking on the other side of the lake and we set all of them out and KABOOM THEY SHUT UP.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:31 AM
Fork Horn

I'd get a Cuddeback or make my own Infrared cam that wouldn't spook them with a flash. Check out the Talon by Recon Outdoors. They also have a IR game cam.

Jesse's game cam forum has info on making your own IR digital game cam.