Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

scent blocker clothing

Old 10-03-2004, 08:54 AM

Default scent blocker clothing

thinking of buying me some scent-blocker clothes. does anyone use it. does it work as good as they say. also wondering do you like the under clothes type or do you like the outer camo type.

any information would be appreciated. thanks
Old 10-05-2004, 12:39 AM

Default RE: scent blocker clothing

you will always get mixed answers.i started using it last year and it worked really well. deer came within a few yards of me and never knew i was there.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:08 AM
Dominant Buck

I just buy Army MOPP suits from Sportsman's Guide ,
they're a lot cheaper and work just as well . For the price of one Scentblocker type outfit you can buy at least ten MOPP suits , so all you have to do is air them out(don't put in washer!) , wear them out , and throw them away .
Old 10-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

I just started useing scent-loc clothing this year after 12 years of not using it. The other night I had a few fawns and a doe around me and it was getting dark.The deer had no clue I was above them with the wind blowing directly to them.So I was impressed,so I decided to take of my overhead hood so that I could see better and within 30 seconds the deer scented me.
They never knew were I was but they were concerned and snorting all the way across the field from where I was LOL. So there is a true encounter that makes me a believer and sold on scent-loc.