Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 whats your favorite camo and why? >

whats your favorite camo and why?

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

whats your favorite camo and why?

Old 09-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: whats your favorite camo and why?

I'm a BrushCountry camo man myself because of where I hunt in TX. However, too many hunters get all wrapped up in patterns and types of camo. As long as it breaks your siloete (sp?) you are good to go. And DO NOT wear your camo unless you are out
hunting, it makes you look like a tourist. Also, find a type of detergent that doesn't make
your camo a UV light. I personally avoid any camo that says "Team" on it cause guess what....you aint on the team, you're just advertising for them for free.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:02 PM

my bow season camo is advantage timber. i always thought it blended pretty well up in the stand, or in the brush. i've seen some lately that seems darker than mine though. mine has a lot of really light green spots of leaves in it. it seems like it blends better when the bright spots of the sun start coming thru the tree tops.
my regular season clothes just sais 'realtree'. it just seems to fit in better once the leaves have dropped.
i'd like to do the video test though. prop the camcorder and then climb up my stand, and check it out later. my old camera has a black and white viewfinder, so that would be a good test also, with a little help from somebody.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:24 AM
Fork Horn

Another vote for NATGEAR, after sneaking up on two hen turkeys to within 10 yards in an OPEN PLOWED FIELD- 50 YARDS INTO THE FIELD, I am a believer that it makes you blend and not blob. It was really amazing. It did take about 45 minutes to go from about 60 yds to 10 (starting in the treeline and then moving out in the field) and they looked up several times and would look at me for several minutes at a time, but never spooked till I got w/in 10 YDS! then i moved a little too much and they realized that I wasn't part of the field! I was in a slight depression, so they could really only see from about waist up, but still! Only NATGEAR for me here on out!
Old 09-28-2004, 07:59 AM

3-d leafy and predator. Nothing works better, especially predator fall grey for tree stand hunting when the leaves are off the tree's
Old 09-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Ryan Campbell

I'm a BrushCountry camo man myself because of where I hunt in TX. However, too many hunters get all wrapped up in patterns and types of camo. As long as it breaks your siloete (sp?) you are good to go. And DO NOT wear your camo unless you are out
hunting, it makes you look like a tourist. Also, find a type of detergent that doesn't make
your camo a UV light. I personally avoid any camo that says "Team" on it cause guess what....you aint on the team, you're just advertising for them for free.
I use brush country because: it works, they sponsor me and my website, and I am great friends with the owner.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:20 PM

I am also trying to find a good cammo pattern for deer/predator hunting.

For spring turkey, i use Mossyoak New BreakUp and Obsession....works good for me.

For deer, i am thinking between Natgear or Advantage timber. Thye all look so good. But i will prolly just buy what is on sale cause camo can get expensive
Old 09-29-2004, 01:38 PM

I've always been a plain old woodland guy and agree with those who say the break up factor is more important than any photo-realism in the camo pattern. Not to say woodland is the only one that does it, but just to say I think it works as well as anything in most leafed situations.

What do you all think about this:

camo study
Old 09-30-2004, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mossy oak shadow grass, 1 I do a lot of waterfowling, 2 it works well in the terrain that I hunt, 3 I like it