Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Hornady Interbonds vs. other bullets >

Hornady Interbonds vs. other bullets

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hornady Interbonds vs. other bullets

Old 07-26-2004, 10:39 PM

Default Hornady Interbonds vs. other bullets

How does the Hornady Interbond bullet compare to any other bullet, but mainly the Nosler Accubond. If you have personal experience, it is greatly welcomed. Please give in depth info, such as how it shot in your rifle, what make and model rifle, at what distance, the yardage shot at, pictures ofbullets retrived from animals, and anything else that could be helpful..........Thanx ahead of time!!
Old 07-27-2004, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hornady Interbonds vs. other bullets

Goose, not nwhat you wanted here but all I have shot is paper with both bullets, which may change come this fall though. I have read lots of posts on Accubond and a few on the interbond, it appears the accubond wins in penitration but the bonded portion remains similar. It also appears the Interbond retains a bit more weight & mushrooms more so than the Accubond, which may account for less penitration. However like anything else I think certain individuals favor certain ammo manufacturer's so comparisons can be a bit bias in the field. In my paper shooting a slight edge in accuracy goes to the Nosler Accubond and I will most likely go with the 160 Accubond vs 154 IB in my 7 rem mag this fall if I choose to take the "New Bonded" route vs. Nosler partition or Failsafe this fall while chasing Elk/Moose.

On a side note I have had excellent results from both Hornady and Nolser offerings in the past, therefore whatever shoots the best out of my rifle will get the nod.

You may want to look into the Barnes Triple Shock as well, from what I have researched it seems like an excellent choice as well and appears the finckyness of the x bullet is gone with this new offering. Federal Premium is loading the Barnes bullet this year.

You may want to check out and try a search on: www.accuratereloading.com.
A number of reviews, tests and post on all 3 of these bullets over the past year.

PS what are you hunting?
Old 07-27-2004, 03:00 PM

Whitetail Deer...........most are around 100 yards...........but some could be out to 300 yards

THANX
Old 07-27-2004, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

The one differance that I have read about between the hornday and nosler is that the nosler is designed to shed more weight ,to keep the frontal area of the mushroom to a certin size for deeper penertration. If you would shoot both into a test medium the hornday would end up with a larger diamiter and the nosler would penatrate a little farther. I would shoot what groups better or you "think" is better. In my gun it is a toseup for accurey but I have 2 boxs of the nosler left.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

For deer a number of bullet will work fine. My personal favorite is Ballistic Tip as it gives me the best accuracy and has worked flawless on countless harvests. However I must qualify I aim for the h/l region, while I have taken numerous deer at a quarter using the opposite shoulder as backing IMHO the BT is not the best choice for the flat out pins shooter. If you are of the belief you must break them down at the wheels then go with a bullet such as the bonded mentioned or the ever popular Nosler Partition. But if like most guys aim for the boiler room your choices are truly emmence when chasing deer in most calibers! My only worry would be these new bonded bullets might in fact be to tough for the likes of deer in a rib in and rib out scenerio. I have experienced some of this with other solid bullets in the past like the Failsafe where they left very small holes and wound channels on rib-boiler room shot, while they resulted in recovery of the animal I lean towards a softer bullet when chasing deer or antelope.

What have you used in the past for the situation? If different, why? So many choices but the more the detail the more help you may get.

As always practice and shoot what will make you feel confident.