Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Stealth Cam MC2-G

Old 07-25-2004, 06:44 PM

Default Stealth Cam MC2-G

i am thanking about geting one has anybody had any experience with them or used one how good are they and are the pictures clear.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stealth Cam MC2-G

VA:

I bought a MC2-B earlier this year. I think it's the same one you are looking at but it's camo.

Anyway, if I were to do it all over again, I'd have spent the extra money for a digital camera. I've encountered a few problems with the film model. One is that you don't know what's on the film until you get to a developer. What kind of pictures are on the film would have an impact on where I put the camera.

Also, I've spent more on film and developing (and batteries) than the extra money it would have cost to get a digital. With a digital, I THINK you can take the chip to be processed if you don't want to store the images on your computer.

As far as the quality of the pictures - they are great. It's a 35mm camera using color film and a flash. The flash doesn't seem to bother the deer (and the dogs and racoons) either.

I did encounter one technical problem. I went to pick it up on Saturday after it was oout for two weeks. The very first image was of a fawn and all of the rest of the pictures appeared to be of nothing. And the counter maxed out at 99. I have no idea why it started taking pictures and didn't stop!

Eric