Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Cabelas vs Bass Pro Shop

Old 05-12-2004, 05:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Cabelas vs Bass Pro Shop

I agree with your assessment 100% oldelkhunter.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

For me it's real simple...
Bass Pro started out in fishing stuff, I think the name gives you a little clue and now carries hunting gear.
Cabela's started as an outfitter for hunting and now carries fishing gear.
Shop the store relative to need you are trying to fill.
Bass Pro for fishing and Cabela's for hunting.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cabelas all the way. I go into Cabelas and it looks like an outdoor store for outfitter type stuff. Bass Pro is getting into everything as sports goes. Cabelas is truley the Worlds Foremost Outfitter, hands down.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never been to a Cabela's store. I have ordered many times on line and their catalogs. I've been to three BassPro shops (Ft Lauderdale, Orlando and Cincinnati Ohio)I always received excellent service except for one time in Orlando.This young guy could careless if he sold me the rifle or not.I will say if you look you can find great buys at BP.I would like to go to a Cabela's to compare.Cabela's does carry allot of stuff BP doesn't. I afraid if I ever go to a Cabela's from comments made I'll be spoiled.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-15-2004, 08:52 PM

I afraid if I ever go to a Cabela's from comments made I'll be spoiled.
And broke!
Old 05-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Typical Buck

And broke!
You got that right! Anyone ever see that Curcuit City ad where the guy runs thru the store with "shopping maddness" while his wife watches in horror? My last trip I spent 3 hours in the Sidney store with glazed over eyes.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Danny45

I afraid if I ever go to a Cabela's from comments made I'll be spoiled.
And broke!

That goes without saying.When ever I go to BassPro just to look I end up spending money I shouldn't. The thought of how much I would spend if I went there looking to buy something is staggering. You can't take it with ya.Enjoy it while you can.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-16-2004, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never been to cabela's store, however i have had the opportunity to order through their catalouge and i live 10 minutes from bass pro and it does seem that cabela's in my opinion have bass pro beat. Just look at the name BASS PRO........It doesnt say Deer Pro, lol. Im not much of a fisherman i just really like to hunt, so i go through cabelas when i want some serious hunting equipment and clothing.

"ALWAYS LEAVE THE WOODS WITH SOMETHING"
Old 05-16-2004, 07:49 PM

The worst thing for us is that we live only about 45 min from a cabelas and we get that glazed look and go on a shopping spree every time we go there. As for prices i dont think they are that high on all their stuff. I was looking at a GPS at Gander MT and it was $50 more at Gander then Cabelas. And you have the Cabelas warentee, which is no doubt the best. I have never had any regret shopping at cabelas.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:34 AM

I have shopped to Cabelas in Sidney, Ne. Kearney, Ne. Mitchell, SD Owatonna, Mn. and the Kansas City one. I have been to two BP shops including the one in Springfield,Mo. The first noticeable difference is the helpful, friendly and knowledgeable service I have received in every Cabelas store. Also the Cabelas stores are clean, from the restrooms to the mounts etc. in every store. In the first Bp store I visited there was dust on most items displayed and restrooms so dirty that it was a real s--- hole. Then when I went to the BP in Springfield the clerks did not want to help find anything like it was too much work or something. The store was not well lit, the mounts looked so bedraggled that they must not have been cleaned in months. This is a stark contrast to the cleanliness I have observed in every Cabelas store I've been in. Also as was already mentioned Cabelas stand behind everything they sell unless it is from the Bargain Barn where it is marked "As is".

Quick Reply: Cabelas vs Bass Pro Shop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.