Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Warren & Sweat Tree Stands

Old 05-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Warren & Sweat Tree Stands

A friend bought a climbing tree stand made by Warren & Sweat but didn't get any instructions. The company went out of business as did USL the company that bought them out.

"I've about exhausted all recourses I can come up with. I guess my best shot is to find someone who has a set of instructions and will send me a copy. My biggest problem is leveling out the stand once it's up the tree. This would be the lower section, since the tree is smaller at the bottom then the top. I can't seem to get away from a severe slope on standing platform."

A message board member sent this to me.

"Most Warren Sweat tree stands say this side up on the blades. The rest is just judging on which hole to put the blades on so you won't be leaning when you get 20 feet in the tree. I invert the blades and move them to the inside hole to carry the stand, this keeps the blades from hitting the back of your legs. I took a file and sharpened the blades just a little to get a better bite on the tree. I put a piece of outdoor carpet on the footstand to eliminate noise. I also replaced the wingnuts with plastic knob nuts (can be found at most sporting good stores) to make it easier to put together in the dark. I also put padding and vinyl over the seat and backrest. You can put 1" pipe insulation (the Styrofoam type) on the tubes where your arms rest and cover it with camouflage tape to help keep the cold off your arms on those cold mornings."

Any suggestions or help you may have would be deeply appreciated.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Warren & Sweat Tree Stands

Put the blades at a 45 degree angle when on the ground and it should level out fine. Make sure you wear a full body restraint system also with that stand. I will check with a friend that has one if still has directions if so I will attempt to cut and paste them here.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

I have a buddy that just got a new Warren&Sweat stand last month. As far as I know he has not even opened the box yet. I will check with him and see if he'll let me borrow the "destructions" to make a copy, if you still need them.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

Man it sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I bought a W&S Imperial climber last year with no directions. It was pretty much hit and miss til I got it all figured out.

First I cut the rubber coating off of the cables this allowed me to climb easier. The coating was hanging on bark and twigs so I removed it. Also be sure that your put the cables inside of the tubing. At first I was clamping them to the outside and not the inside. Felt pretty stupid when I got that one figured out. That was an easy one.

Second I let the seat straps out all the way. This allowed me to sit lower in the seat, making the guard more of a shooting rest than a handrail. Then in bow hunting I cinch the seat up almost level, where there is very little rail to interfere with the strings.

Third when you start to climb set the degree of angle of the stands up, so as you climb and the tree gets smaller, the stand will level out. I have climbed some really strange trees and I have made some cable tension adjustments as I have climbed. I wouldnt necessarily recommend this but it works for me. I use a harness I tie the seat to the platform. I will stand on the platform, then take up a notch or two on the cables then sit down and do the same for the platform. Just make sure that the top and bottom are tied some way so if you lose control your not stuck up the stand.

Its pretty much been trial and error for me, I had no directions but I think I have it figured out. Email me if I can help you.