Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

stuck ATV

Old 03-11-2004, 08:21 PM

Default stuck ATV

me and my friend both have atv's i have a Rancher 2x4 he has a yamaha something its old and its a 2x4 we dont do this everyday but sometimes we will take it through a ditch near my house and we can get hung up pretty good we dont have winches. we have tried sticking cinder blocks, boards, and logs under the tires but the only way to get them out is to push, pull, and give 'em hell. there has got to be an easier way. i need help
Old 03-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: stuck ATV

4x4, a winch or just don't go into the ditch that always hangs you up! You can put a jack haul lift on one of the bikes if your get hung up on the undercarriage, then simply place it under the bike, lift until free & then kick her over.....your GTG
Old 03-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

Take a couple shovels, bury the *&^%* things, and learn the joy of the outdoors without gas fumes addling your brains.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

go one at a time so if one of you get stuck then the other can pull you out
Old 03-13-2004, 01:36 AM
Typical Buck

Like Skeeter said, if you can't go through it, then don't try it. If you must cross this ditch and your atv has factory tires on it, you can switch them out for a set with a more agressive tread-pattern.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Getcha some Titan 589 m/t`s. I put some on my 2 wheel drive and they made
a HUGE difference. I can stop in a mudhole and drive out where before I had to
run thru it at 20 mph.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:28 PM

back in the day we used to have a 2x4 honda it was a pretty reliable bike but reallll easy to get stuck, rather than having to fight with lifting it up and working my way out all the time I just wouldn't attempt some of the areas. Sure you might not always be able to go exactly where you want to go but thats the fact you face with a 2 wheel drive. Even with a 4x4 and a winch you are not always home free. I have been buried so deep with my 4x4 that my winch wouldn't pull me out. You just have to use a little common sense and think a little bit before rushing into something.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:55 PM

Heres a good suggestion buy a Polaris sportsman 4X4.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:41 PM

ohhh the dreaded P word. Lots of folks like the way these polaris bikes ride and handle but when it gets down to the nitty gritty they just don't seem to stand up. Last year at a quad rally i witnessed a honda foreman go back down the trail to pull out 3 swamped polaris bikes one at a time. The honda had made it through just prior to the ploaris bikes getting stuck. No bike is invincible but if i was lookin for a bike that would take alot of abuse the polaris bikes wouldn't be in the equation.......
Old 03-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i agree with mathews. polaris sportsman make it through anything any other 4wheeler can. honestly, i have seen other 4wheelers get stuck and polaris pull them out and polaris get stuck and another pull them out. alot of it has to do with luck as to how far deep in a rut you are, are you in a rut at all,how firm is the ground at the bottom. there is a lot of things that get a 4wheeler stuck.

Quick Reply: stuck ATV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.