Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

binoculars?

Old 01-09-2004, 10:02 AM

Default RE: binoculars?

Hey Ridge Runner,

You'll get no argument from me on the quality of these glasses, (reread my earlier post concerning ex Warsaw Pact countries). But for someone interested....don't waste time because the prices are climbing....and the stock won't last forever. Those exact glasses by the way are still over twice as heavy as my 8X30's. (Not terribly significant...but might matter to some.)

Personally I think these are great optics. When I refer to "bargain basement" prices I'm talking about people that insist you can get a great binocular for a hundred bucks, (give or take). By the way....I got my Swarovski's on sale for $599. if I remember correctly, (yes...a few years ago). So the price difference wasn't as great as it sounds.

But I'm not arguing that those binocs aren't very good...and a great price!

Dave
Old 01-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

You said best, so the best I have found are the Swaroski EL series $1,400 +. VERY nice and light. That said I use the Minox. But wish I had a pair of the ELs.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:36 PM

Actually, EagleLake asked about the best. I have no trouble admitting I can't afford the best. But I like the ones I got (Minox makes a nice binoc as well).

And I have seen some very elite glasses that are gyro stabilized and retail in the many thousands of dollars.....which I'll never own either. (Unless I win them somehow.)
Old 01-09-2004, 03:43 PM

Thanx for the advice i ended up getting the pentax 10x50 pcf binoculars and they work great in the woods
Old 01-09-2004, 03:48 PM

Hey EagleLake,

Pentax makes some very nice optics. You'll probably be pleased with them. Hope they give you alot of enjoyable use!
Old 01-09-2004, 07:11 PM

thanx hope you have success in the woods also
Old 01-27-2004, 07:37 PM

Also shoping for a binocular. For feilds looking at deer and turkeys . feilds are 100 yards and less. use for preseason. scotting. size not a prob... looking to find a a dealer here for nikon. the 10 x 50 or 12 x 50 seem to good from what I read. around $150 give or take. Any input on this ? Thanx!
Old 01-28-2004, 01:25 AM

the glass will dictate the prices. there are many cheap pairs of bonocs.your eyes will about pop out after using them for a while.i hunt in a darker shady area that calls for constant glassing. under normal conditions many work well for short periods until it wears out your eyes.i looked for pairs with good glass and that were cheap.that will just not happen.this is a very hard thing to do.it is like buying a pair of shoes not knowing if they fit.i almost fainted when i looked and saw some of the high prices.i only found one pair easy on my eyes and that i could glass with all day. i had to buy the wife some goodies before i could get my binocs. i got the leica 12x50. they were about $1300. i use the bino-buddy system so the weight is never a problem
Old 01-28-2004, 07:21 AM

steiner makes good glass as well ...I just bought the Rockys ...great at low light
Old 02-07-2004, 02:09 AM
Fork Horn

look at the Alpen apex on the high end or the Alpen waterproof pro series best glass for your buck in my book also with a lifetime warrenty

Quick Reply: binoculars?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.