Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Eberlestock H2 pack

Old 01-30-2021, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Eberlestock H2 pack

I would like a new day pack with a rifle bag and this one seems like it will do. The shoulder straps are not fully adjustable, but not many day packs are. Do any of you fellows have any experience with this one?
Old 01-31-2021, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

What adjustability do you need which the H2 doesn’t offer?

The H2 is adjustable for torso length, as the shoulder yoke position is adjustable by their molle-type ladder adjustment system, and the straps are adjustable for length with common cam-lock buckles.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

The description of the pack says it is not adjustable for torso length like most of their other packs are. Some of the tall fellows that have reviewed the H2 have complained about this, although I suspect these guys may be of the tall and fat variety.

I am not unusually tall, nor am I fat, so I normally do not have a problem with "standard" sized items. I am just curious if this pack is really a problem, or if it is a good solution. It looks like a slim daypack with a built-in rifle scabbard that might be a good piece of gear for spot & stalk use.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Short version, the H2 is adjustable for torso length.

I do not see anything on the H2 product page which states it is not adjustable. There’s nothing which says it is, but also nothing saying it is not.

However, for those of us familiar with the Eberlestock packs, the product photo of the H2 strap side shows their adjustable torso length system. Picture copied here with arrow indicating the Velcro chevron tip which gives away their ladder type torso length adjustment. This is a screenshot of the H2 directly from their product page as of this morning.

For better visual, I also grabbed another photo online of the H2’s adjustable torso length system, the photo of the brown pack.

Also as confirmation, the H2 Product video posted to YouTube, linked here, states and depicts at 2:22 that the H2 does include their ladder type torso adjustment feature.

The H2 is adjustable for torso length. I can’t say whether it has sufficient adjustment for long torso folks, as I’m 5’10” with a 36” inseam, rather short torso, but my Eberlestock packs are in the bottom half of the adjustment ladder, which leaves at least 3” more torso length than I currently use.
Attached Thumbnails Eberlestock H2 pack-45c5fdfd-ed68-4d6b-8043-f07b2abb1e2f.jpeg   Eberlestock H2 pack-5f8bcb13-ce27-4792-81dc-05e0deb182d8.jpeg  
Old 02-01-2021, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks much. I believe that I will order one and give it a try.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not for nothing, my “complaint” with the H2 is the fact it’s a long tubular top load bag. The shelf and compression are handy, but I carry a lot of smalls, and I hate digging shoulder deep in a top load pack. Great for shoving an overcoat and rain gear, but frustrating when you need to find some of your small gear.

Looking for a scabbard pack with more organization, the LoDrag II from Eberlestock is a very convenient size, but has divided pockets for organization.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been trying out my new H2 pack. It does have the torso adjustment feature and it will hold a full size hunting rifle easily. The hip belt is a bit odd as it is padded on the back side enough to cover the kidney area but is just a 1" nylon strap for the remainder. The bag has a nice sized zip compartment on it's top cover that would be good for things the size of binoculars or lunch. The main section is a deep (and fairly narrow) bag with compression straps. It should be OK for a rain parka, gloves, game bags, etc., and it has a compartment for a hydration bladder (not included).

I have not made up my mind yet as to whether I really like it or not, but I think it will work for it's intended purpose. I doubt that the really large fellows would like how the pack fits, but the "average Joe" should find the fit to be acceptable, and it is well made