Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Field & Stream ladder stand

Old 01-04-2021, 08:41 AM
Spike

Default Field & Stream ladder stand

Does anyone know the model of the cheap Field & Stream one person ladder stand that was sold around 2016 (all metal, no arm rests, no mesh seat)? Even better would be if you know that, and know which harness came with it. Long story short, I was using the linesman belt that came with it and it broke. Field & Stream somehow can't figure out what model tree stands they made 5 years ago also, so they weren't able to help me. Also, if you ever use the harness that comes with your stand I would recommend not using the linesman belt, the one I had, had plastic clips that broke in 40 degree F weather operating below weight limitations.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

First off welcome to the site
NOW< the problem is IMO<, 1, one ,
field and stream
doesn't MAKE the stands, they are made by some other company and they just stamp there brand on things, and they made/sold so many different stands over the yrs, even by several makers in each yr
they have NO way of telling what was made by who
they tend to work off the cheapest builder at the time and things change and they use others or had several making the same exact model from different vendors, so NO way to tell WHO made it

besides the point a 4 yr old stand will be past any warranty or even most likely any Liability issue's, as I am sure in the fine print there are things that say HOW long a item is safe to use, and a LONG list of condition that have to be meet on HOW item was used, stored and so on that you'd HAVE to prove you followed exactly!

which is impossible to do in the real world!

stands are not designed to be left up for periods of time , due to weather can damage them or as tree's grow!
which MOST hunters do,(not bashing here just saying) and that alone can give makers a OUT!

plastic can get damaged from many things doesn;t have to be temp's or what ever

when buying a safety harness, IMO< its best to not be using the cheap ones that come with most budget stands,. or not for more than the first yr
and all the more so if its left outside with the stand any amount of time

UV can damage them, sun break down, dry, and so on!
you can go look at company's that make and sell higher end harness's and read about how often they recommend you replace them, and then imagine what cheaper budget made in WHO KNOW"S WHAT country, use and life expectancy on them!