Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Showering at Base Camp

Old 04-07-2020, 02:16 PM
Spike

Question Showering at Base Camp

Hey gang! Just curious as to how you bathe while on your hunting expeditions? Is there a product on the market that you find to be better than others?
Old 04-07-2020, 03:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by GeyserSystems
Hey gang! Just curious as to how you bathe while on your hunting expeditions? Is there a product on the market that you find to be better than others?
Geyser systems? This has all the earmarks of Spam since there is a link in the profile.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

well most of my drop camps, were near water, and a QUICK and I mean QUICK at times(water can be petty DARN cold in late season hunts)
I would just jump in and clean up and be done!
same with even washing some gear or layers if needed!

now a days, I,have to be honest most all my other hunts, I end up back at a place with running water,
I got old I guess and softer, , need more creature comforts for the old bones and joints!

as these days, I require hot water and indoor plumbing after a day in the woods!
or prefer it.

and as of the past 3 decades or so, I never had a problem yet finding this possible on most all hunts, I do out of state!

I personally try to books hunts, where I rent land and a house/.cabin, for a week or two, and have the place to myself, at the end of every day
and as an ex ample, one of my last hunts in ND< was a house and 15,000 acres to myself, for $35.00 bucks a day, and was only a few yrs back
had hot clean running water for showers, and in door plumbing , satellite TV too, all the comforts of home, yet was in middle of no where pretty much!

deals are out there if you looks folks LOL

Now some on the drop camps(fishing or hunting) I been at, that didn;t, have running water

most all had gravity fed shower systems, that you could ADD hot water to things too!
NOT a lot o water to use, but enough to get you thru a week or so of being in the middle of no where!

looking into Camping or RV set ups, would be where to find one's you can do in the field
all the more so, since so m,any OVERLANDERS are taking them with them on trips traveling and setting ,taking down camps every few days
they came a long way with fast efficient set ups
many have solar water heating systems too, if your in camp for a few days to allow for it to work!

Old 04-08-2020, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

I totally agree with you I am all about comfort these days. I did a diy elk hunt in Wyoming With 2 other guys when I was in my 30s. Hardest hunt I ever did. Then I did a guided elk hunt in Montana for 10 days and stayed in a tent so now I got all that out of the way and my next hunt will be on a ranch with a shower.

right now I am currently exploring another elk hunt but I want to stay in a ranch so any recommendations would be gladly Appreciated
Old 04-08-2020, 08:17 AM
Spike

Sorry, not a scammer. We at Geyser Systems have created a portable hot shower that we are just about ready to bring out to market. I am just gathering information as to if out product would be something that would be beneficial in hunting camps. Thank you for your time.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

I did not say (SCAMMER), I said SPAMMER.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Merino wool against the skin, maybe a baby-wipe bath on the 3rd day, and a hot shower at a truck stop before driving/flying the long trip home - I usually go 5-12 days up mountain without showering. I have a shower kit for my gravity camp filter bag, but I don’t mess around with it. It’s simply not worth 1) hauling extra crap up mountain, be it the shower kit, anything to dry with, or extra clothes to change into after, and 2) not worth the risk of getting wet, even in hot water, in the cold.

Pleasure campers which truck camp might use a hot shower system, and I have used a few for such. But backcountry hunters hauling their next week’s livelihood on their back typically don’t have use for it.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Solar Shower and a washtub. If the warmer weather you can just let the sun heat the water. If it is cold you heat the water over a fire or stove and poor it into the Solar Shower. No reason to spend huge $$$ when you can get a Solar Shower for $15 at Walmart. Just sayin...
Old 04-11-2020, 06:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Heated water on camp stove and did a wh#re's bath. Warm weather bow deer hunting used a solar shower kit when at my remote camp we could drive to where we didn't have to pack in gear. When elk hunting with Rob I enjoyed all the comforts of his "Ponderosa". At times wiped all necessary surfaces with disinfectant wipes. Need to have clean undergarments for each day plus spares.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 04-11-2020 at 06:46 AM.
Old 12-09-2020, 08:45 AM
Spike

Check out Dude Wipes, best thing to have when remote hunting in cold weather! Keeps you fairly clean, packs light, comes in unscented!