HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Showering at Base Camp
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 04:05 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

well most of my drop camps, were near water, and a QUICK and I mean QUICK at times(water can be petty DARN cold in late season hunts)
I would just jump in and clean up and be done!
same with even washing some gear or layers if needed!

now a days, I,have to be honest most all my other hunts, I end up back at a place with running water,
I got old I guess and softer, , need more creature comforts for the old bones and joints!

as these days, I require hot water and indoor plumbing after a day in the woods!
or prefer it.

and as of the past 3 decades or so, I never had a problem yet finding this possible on most all hunts, I do out of state!

I personally try to books hunts, where I rent land and a house/.cabin, for a week or two, and have the place to myself, at the end of every day
and as an ex ample, one of my last hunts in ND< was a house and 15,000 acres to myself, for $35.00 bucks a day, and was only a few yrs back
had hot clean running water for showers, and in door plumbing , satellite TV too, all the comforts of home, yet was in middle of no where pretty much!

deals are out there if you looks folks LOL

Now some on the drop camps(fishing or hunting) I been at, that didn;t, have running water

most all had gravity fed shower systems, that you could ADD hot water to things too!
NOT a lot o water to use, but enough to get you thru a week or so of being in the middle of no where!

looking into Camping or RV set ups, would be where to find one's you can do in the field
all the more so, since so m,any OVERLANDERS are taking them with them on trips traveling and setting ,taking down camps every few days
they came a long way with fast efficient set ups
many have solar water heating systems too, if your in camp for a few days to allow for it to work!