Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Snow and Rain Damaged Trail Camera >

Snow and Rain Damaged Trail Camera

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Snow and Rain Damaged Trail Camera

Old 11-14-2018, 04:10 PM
Spike

Default Snow and Rain Damaged Trail Camera

TrailCamCover is moving information to the vendor forum...

Last edited by tsharver; 11-20-2018 at 06:08 PM. Reason: moving information to vendor forum, providing details only
Old 11-14-2018, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

well there is also the just buying a better camera from the get go and NO mod's needed
I have run trail camera's since the 90's
I have only had maybe 3 get ruined from rain/snow getting in them, and have NEVER had one get sun damaged, but don't live in a super hot dry area, and I try to NOT place my cam's where they get tons of sun, due to glare and well they stand out and some how grow legs when more visible to crooks!
I have camera's from 25 bucks up too, but most were higher end camera's and ALL my cam's run 24/7/365 till they die or get stolen
most are 2-3+ yrs old,
I have had some camera's for 7+ yrs and still working as well, and never a water issue?

IF a camera does get damaged from water, many time,s sticking them in a container full of dry rice for a few days or more, will suck all moisture out of them and get them back up and running!

NOTHING wrong with making a cover too i am sure, maybe share more on HOW TO do so?? materials used and ??
Old 11-20-2018, 06:15 PM
Spike

10 steps to remove moisture from your trail or game camera...
1. pull the batteries and flash card, wipe with dry cloth
2. use q-tip in the nooks and crannies
3. leave the camera door open and bury in a bed of rice or desiccant packs for several days
4. inspect the door gasket, lightly lubricate the gasket with Vaseline
5. inspect the lens, flash and motion sensor for cracks or damage
6. inspect locking mechanism
7. replace the batteries, if needed
8. replace SD card, if needed
9. place small desiccant packs inside the battery compartment
10. shield rain and snow with a TrailCamCover (check out the .com version in the vendor forum)
Old 11-23-2018, 11:59 AM
Spike

Default Checking in some game photos

Greetings, hope everyone is enjoying the holiday, it's starting to rain here in Arkansas...we have trail cams going, all sheltered with a TrailCamCover, no worries this winter, we leave cameras out in the rain or snow, with the weather cover water doesn't work-it's-way inside the camera body. Using a "step" drill bit, to create the hole-size needed, configure any brand cameras with a weather cover. Google "TrailCamCover" or let me know if you have questions.

Photos from my Trail cameras, two tom's showing off and young fawn and velvet buck.Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails Snow and Rain Damaged Trail Camera-trailcamcover-.jpg   Snow and Rain Damaged Trail Camera-trailcamcover-.jpg   Snow and Rain Damaged Trail Camera-trailcamcover-.jpg   Snow and Rain Damaged Trail Camera-trailcamcover-.jpg   Snow and Rain Damaged Trail Camera-trailcamcover-.jpg  

Last edited by tsharver; 11-30-2018 at 04:43 PM. Reason: updates