Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Anyone wearing Muck Boots?

Old 09-09-2018, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Default Anyone wearing Muck Boots?

Anyone using Muck Boots? How do you like them? I do allot of walking. And hunt allot of swamps and Creek bottoms.

Are they worth the price? I've had bad luck on my last two pair of boots. Falling apart on me. It's like they design them for people who sit and when you put some miles on them they fall apart.
-Jake
Attached Thumbnails Anyone wearing Muck Boots?-kimg1413.jpg  

Last edited by Bocajnala; 09-09-2018 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

Some people really like them. I find they don't have enough ankle support. Though last week I went down into a creek dripping fryer oil. I tried a bunch on. I liked the chore ones. I bought them for winching out of holes, but forget to put them on cause no a huge fan. I worry about breaking down and having to walk out of bush with them on.

That said some love them.

If you have to go in water or mud, they do work.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love them but yes they will fall apart. The neoprene will rip and tear.

When mine start to tear up I buy a new pair and continue using the old ones anytime I don't need 100% waterproof.

I also use my old ones with my soft foot waders.

They are very comfy for me but no they are not indestructible and no where near as tough as an old pair of northerners or Lacrosse etc. They are not really that warm either but good enough if you are on the move. As I'm sure you already know rubber boots are just not really ideal for sitting still.

Ive been thinking about trying the Xtratuf brand as I believe they have the comfortable neoprene inside and still have the rubber exterior.

The neoprene well its neoprene just like any other neoprene that I'm sure you have used. It doesn't handle snags very well but can be reasonably patched with goop etc.

I do prefer the fieldblazers like the ones you have pictured above.

I'll get you a pic tomorrow of what mine look like after a few years of hard use.

Last edited by rockport; 09-09-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:08 PM
Typical Buck

Every boot like that I've ever worn to walk in much, always pulls my socks down. If I have to move around much in anything like that, I just don't even wear socks any more.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jack Ryan
Every boot like that I've ever worn to walk in much, always pulls my socks down. If I have to move around much in anything like that, I just don't even wear socks any more.
Neoprene pulls your socks down?
Old 09-09-2018, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

I have a pair of Muck Woody Trail and absolutely love them. Extremely comfortable. Ive had them since February and have hiked (Im guessing here) around 40 miles in them.

So far so good as far as reliability.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Me and my wife both own a pair. For the right applications they are a good boot, for hiking, nope. Best in mud and ….muck. Could always carry them in your pack and switch to them when in wet conditions where they seem to be at their best.
Old 09-09-2018, 01:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Where I walk neoprene would not last a season. I have actually had a pair of Cabelas rubber camo boots for 5 years and they are still going strong.
Old 09-09-2018, 01:42 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Bought my first pair of Camo Woodland Mucks seven yrs ago. I still wear them for minor chores around the house. Rubber is starting to go around the toes but they don't leak yet.
On my second pair. Easy on, Easy off. I cant wear LaCrosse because if I ever do get them on, its an act of God to get them off.
I turkey hunt, deer hunt, ice fish, snow blow, blackpowder hunt and upland hunt in wet snowy conditions.
I have also used them to judge dogs in hot weather.
Ice fishing I dlip on a pair of cleats. Never had a problem pulling socks down. Take a second pair when you go get fitted. I can walk all day using them

Was the best buy for my buck as I have owned RedHead, LaCrosse, some ot
Old 09-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

I need them to hold up to the Pennsylvania rocks and the thickets and brush that grow up in the clear cuts and power lines I hunt on often .

So maybe the muck Boots aren't a good choice.
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.