HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Tree Lounge (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/41747-tree-lounge.html)

OregunHntr 10-31-2003 02:20 PM

Tree Lounge

Does anyone have a Tree Lounge stand and how do you like it???

I would be very interested to know what you guys think of them

oldelkhunter 10-31-2003 02:31 PM

RE: Tree Lounge

The New ones are not worth a look and I mean that in all sincerity. COuld have possibly have had a serious accident on mine last year...they do not hold against a tree as well as the old models even with the optional leveler. The old ones were a good stand but very heavy and have a noisy setup. There is another guy that posts hear RUger Redhawk who will definitely say the same thing I am saying. Look at Summit,Ol Man,Buckshot,API or any quality stand I may have accidentally ommitted before you even consider a Tree lounge.

Josh_E 10-31-2003 07:47 PM

I looked into one.. I didnt like the small platform you have for bow.. and it put me really far away from the tree.. to far away for me anyhow.. they do have alot of options.. and Ive never sat in one all day but have heard that they are comfortable.. I went with the Summit Viper XLS..oh and they pack really well..very flat.. but again not my kinda stand

soarkrebel 11-01-2003 11:09 PM

Hey oldelkhunter i looked at one the other day and was told they redesigned the back bar . it now looks like the old bar.
anyway the guy said he changed his to the new bar and noticed it grips great. he( the salesman) did say the old well new style did slip and that this was supposed to stop that.
i got to say i love the way they feel when sitting in one. i think i could stay in one all day.

Indiana Dude 11-02-2003 07:52 PM

I dont plan on hunting from anything but my Tree Lounge anytime soon.
Mine is the old style, my buddy has a new style and we both love them,
no slipping problems here. I have the leveler on mine and it is a must if
you plan on switching trees alot, gives you more options. It does take some
practice to set up quietly, but once you get the hang of it its no problem.

oldelkhunter 11-03-2003 06:14 AM

Soark...yes its a comfortable stand but I bought the new one as soon as it came out with the leveler and it was a death trap. Good to see that they redesigned the back bar but I still wouldn' t buy another...they make too much noise compared to the Summits or pretty much any other stand...

xibowhunter 11-05-2003 04:31 PM

summit is the way to go!

StevenA 11-06-2003 01:07 PM

I have the new style tree lounge and love it. I am not real comfortable with heights, but have no problems with this stand. I have only had my stand slip one time and that was when I tried to set it on a knot. If you are looking for all day comfort there is no other stand that compares. If you are looking for ease of set up or quiet setup, buy an Ol' Man. I have wondered about the back bar, and will probably change mine to the old style new bar?.. One accessory that I would recommend is the leveler for the climber. I have never needed it for the stand, just the climber, as it is a little more narrow and can' t be tightened to the tree as tight as the stand.

Ruger-Redhawk 11-06-2003 05:13 PM

Oh Yes the Treelounges. First of all if you have an OLD Model you have a great climber.The NEW Model is another story as oldelkhunter said.I' ve had my old model since 1993 and never had even the slightest slip. The new model is a different story.It constantly wants to slip acending and descending.The First time my New model was used coming down it slipped approx 4' before recatching the tree. I had just loosened the safety cable.The stand was damaged and the Leveler(WHICH IS ANOTHER WASTE OF MONEY)was damaged also Treelounge replaced it with a new stand and Leveler.I have Levelers for both stands the seat sections only.They don' t open evenly and puts stress on one part of the Leveler instead of the complete bar.To be honest with you I don' t trust them. I think the Leveler gave way causing that 4' slip.The TL' s are a very comfortable stand. I' ve stayed many times before daylight to dark.I found a new stand which I think is a great stand. I bought two of them and so far been very happy with them. They are called the Gunslinger.They are made by JRH Sport Industries,Inc in St Augustine Florida Give them a call and they' ll send you a free brochure (904) 940-3381. They are less money then the Treelounge and I feel allot safer.They have a couple different models to choose from.The Gunslinger you face the tree. I thought I wouldn' t like that but it works to your advantage. You are hid by the tree. You can use the tree for a rest. Stand up turn around and use the back of the seat' s bar for a shooting rest.I shot a 5 point opening weekend in BP season. I stood up was hid by the tree. He never knew I was there. He was about 35 yards away kept looking but never saw me behind the tree.Needless to say he committed suicide.To sum it up,if you can find an Old Model Treelounge buy it. Stay away from the New Model. It' s an accident waiting to happen.I was a big fan of the Treelounges until they introduced the new model.I highly recommend if you do get a New Model buy a good safety harness or safety vest.You' ll probably need it.
Ruger Redhawk

Woodrow88 11-06-2003 09:43 PM

I have one of the new Treelounge' s and you dudes are starting to worry me. Mine has never slipped but again I dont use it much since I own my own land and put up ladderstands. They should recall the damn thing and give us all a new one.