Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Kicks "Buck Kicker" Choke Tube >

Kicks "Buck Kicker" Choke Tube

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Kicks "Buck Kicker" Choke Tube

Old 02-28-2018, 05:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default Kicks "Buck Kicker" Choke Tube

Hi Ya'll

I recently purchased some Kicks brand "Buck Kicker" choke tubes that are specifically designed to pattern well for 12ga buckshot. I have tried these at several distances 20,30 and 40 yards with limited success. I have been a big fan of Kicks chokes for years with turkey chokes and loads, but I'm at a loss with these new choke tubes,,,

They just don't seem to pattern any better than a regular full or modified or IC choke,,

Hope ya'll can share some results if you have these chokes and suggest loads/brands of ammo that do well for you,,

Winchester OO buck 3' mag factory loads are what I've tried so far,,, some of the worst pattering I've ever seen,,, Plain modified or IC does as well or a little better in my gun ,,,, :/

Thanks In advance for any tips or stories you may have...
Happy Hunting,,, !!

Last edited by TexasGulf3; 03-03-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

You are not going to get a "tight" pattern at 30 and 40 yards. Buckshot starts to spread as soon as it leaves the barrel and the further it travels the wider it spreads. That is why I don't like to see buckshot used for deer, most people want to shoot to far with it.