Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

More coolers

Old 02-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by woodenb14
I bought the RTIC 65 on Amazon for $149.99 with two free day shipping with prime week after Christmas. I don't see any of the larger hard coolers for sale on amazon now. I also have the soft RTIC 30. Keeps a 30 pack of busch light ice cold til its gone.

EDIT: you can get the RTIC 65 for 139.99 from www.rticcoolers.com right now. absolute steal.
65 is sold out but the 45 is available for $122
Old 02-05-2017, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
Rtic soft coolers came before the yeti flip and the others are noting alike.

I bet it don't hurt them at all...I think it helps them. The more they are mention with Yeti the better for them IMO.

I think it does more to make them than it does to break them. We'll see.
Was not aware of who came out with what first on the soft coolers so you may be right. At least RTIC has made a name for themselves within such a short time. I know I have not been able to take advantage of the prices or buy anything. This has been a strict year financially speaking, but hopefully they come out the other side with something similar to offer. Would still like to get one.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like the softpak holds ice for about 24 hours without a pre chill. I'll try pre chilling it when I get a chance but so far I like it quite a bit. Very easy to carry around but definitely doesn't hold ice like the hard cooler.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

From the RTIC FB page

RTIC’s 2017 Products Line to be Rolled Out on or before May 1, 2017.

RTIC is excited to announce more details on the Company’s rollout of its new 2017 product line.

The Company plans to sell its remaining 2016 Models for the next few months and then launch our 2017 Models on or before May 1, 2017, in time for the summer season. We currently have a sale on our website with many items at a discount of up to 30% off. But hurry as sale will not last long.

Upon the launch of the 2017 Summer Product Line, we will return to our regular everyday low pricing, keeping true to our promise to deliver "Over Built – Not Over Priced" products.

RTIC’s new product line will have the same high level of quality and will include new and highly desired features:

• Our coolers will include a Dual Drain Plug System which will allow easier operation. The new coolers will include two drain plugs. An oversized drain plug on one side of the cooler to allow faster and easier draining and a standard size drain plug on the other side with an integrated vacuum relief valve to allow easier opening of the cooler lid by reducing the pressure inside the cooler when the plug is pressed.

• The RTIC 20 will now include a molded-in divider slot inside the cooler to allow you to easily separate and organize your contents.

• Our tumblers will have a new more modern look allowing them to fit more cup holders while maintaining their extraordinary insulating properties of keeping drinks cold for up to 60 hours.

• Our bottles will allow you to have great filtered water when you want it utilizing the all new RTIC integrated filtration system giving you healthier, great-tasting water. All our filters and containers will be BPA-free and remove contaminants and unpleasant odors.

New Products:

Products Coming in Summer 2017 include a 145 quart cooler, the new laser etched logo, the light blue cooler, the RTIC Water Resistant Duffle Bag, Tall Boy, V-Shape Stackable Pint Tumblers, Water Bottles, a 40 oz. Tumbler, New cup holder friendly Handles, Food Containers, Additional Sport Bottles and the exclusive RTIC Water Filtration System for select RTIC drink ware.

So, keep an eye out for the many new and exciting products coming in the Summer 2017!

Thanks again for your support. We appreciate all our customers and fans.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well Ive been using the softpak 30 for awhile now and I really like it. It does not hold ice like the hard cooler but man it is easier to carry around on your shoulder. I bought ice friday and put it in my hard 45 for the weekend the Sunday I had to go work on my campsite and I transferred the ice to the soft cooler and it lasted until Thursday. Its been cool outside but the coolers have been inside most of the time at about 70 degrees.

Bottom line is I would definitely buy it over again at the sale price but probably would pay regular price.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I thought I would bump this thread after extended use of higher end coolers.

Its a no brainer, these coolers have easily paid for themselves and more.

You don't need an expensive cooler to transport meat 12 hrs and the coleman extreme is a great cooler for the money but for the guys that work/play outside year around and constantly have something iced down in a cooler its a no brainer. Even my wife is sold on them and she considered having my head checked when I bought them.

My buddy that suggested I invest in one told me his paid for itself twice over not only in ice cost but also holding up to life in the back of a farm truck....He was spot on.

Go big though 45 quart or bigger. Adding warm stuff will melt your ice so it really just doesn't make sense to have a 5 day cooler that holds one days worth of stuff.

Last edited by rockport; 08-20-2017 at 10:27 PM.