Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

need help

Old 11-29-2016, 04:21 PM
Spike

Default need help

I just purchased a Wildgame Cloak7 trail camera. No matter what I do I get a very poor picture. I've changed SD cards and this doesn't help. The picture comes through very white. I realize this isn't an expensive camera but it should be able to perform right out of the box. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for any help.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would suggest you try to call the company and see if they have any advice if you have followed all the instructions that came with the camera and are still stumped.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:51 PM
Spike

That was going to be my next step Topgun. I was hoping someone may have run into this problem and could help me. Thanks for the reply.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Which brand SD card did you use? Also, which kind of batteries?

Reason I ask is I spent a couple hours at Cabelas buying a game camera and the section manager and his best game cam guy shared their experiences with customers bringing back game cameras. They said the 2 biggest issues were brand of SD cards (they recommend Sandisk and, of course, Cabelas) and type of batteries (Lithium batteries give you full power until they die whereas alkaline batteries apparently decrease their power output as their juice runs lower).
Old 12-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Spike

Default need help

Thank you Calhunter for your input.. That is a positive on both the batteries and the card. May I ask you what you would suggest for a reasonable priced game camera?

Thank you again
Tbird
Old 12-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Spike

I have heard similar stories about Wildgame cameras producing whiteout pictures before too. You can start by eliminating obvious problems like making sure camera is not facing sun. Is the pictures all white only during day or dusk/dawn?

Either way I would recommend you to look for something better whenever you get change.

I do not know how much you want to spend, but I have had good experience with Moultrie cams, A 20 was model I think.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

To me it sounds like you sun burnt it---do not face camera to south into the sun period ! if this is the case throw it away !