Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Checked a fellas gear on the TV media >

Checked a fellas gear on the TV media

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Checked a fellas gear on the TV media

Old 10-22-2016, 12:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Checked a fellas gear on the TV media

$1100 for a spotting scope; $ 89 for winter mittens; $400 for a winter parka.
Still with my inexpensive spotting scope, winter mittens and winter parka. Oh well, still surviving after all these years.
Some can spend money.

Last edited by Valentine; 10-22-2016 at 12:56 AM.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

These shows exist to promote (sponsors) gear. If one really considered it, they'd realize most of these shows are nothing more than (male) soap operas. Some gear will always be important but the old timers got by without these pedlers. These "programs" certainly don't influence my buying and I seldom, if ever, watch them any more.

Last edited by Game Stalker; 10-22-2016 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:44 AM
Banned

I figure , yes, you can get by without it but if you want it and can afford it , why deny yourself?
Old 10-22-2016, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cost is always relevant to the individual. Needing or wanting is O.K., but some people have the mistaken notion that if they purchase all this gear, it will somehow guarantee (similar) success. I sat through a hunters safety course w/ a friend I got into hunting that developed this misguided idea from watching these shows. Me and another friend were quite successful and gear guy would ask us questions, then not listen to our wisdom because we didn't fit his perceived mold. I no longer hunt w/him and he couldn't figure out his lack of success. I don't think he hunts anymore.

Last edited by Game Stalker; 10-22-2016 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sheesh Valentine - I don't know why you want to carry so much gear into the woods, if a guy's hunting whitetails in the woods, a spotting scope is just superfluous and nothing but extra weight.