Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Do you use any app while in hunting? >

Do you use any app while in hunting?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Do you use any app while in hunting?

Old 06-10-2016, 02:19 AM
Spike

Default Do you use any app while in hunting?

What apps for your mobile phone you use when hunting (if any)? Was wondering if there's any good...I'm using weather app (Accu Weather) but that's before i go out or 2-3 days prior to plan my hunt.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:23 AM
Spike

I use OnXMaps when I hunt. It's a great GPS app that includes landowner information.
Old 06-19-2016, 03:33 AM
Spike

Scoutlook. The wind direction capabilities are worth it alone
Old 06-20-2016, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've found myself using Google earth a lot lately. It is better for some spots than others. It is great for the two places I hunt the most.

I know (thought I knew) these two leases really well until I studied them some on Google earth. My on the ground perspective was somewhat skewed, I got a much better feel for the relative hot hunting spots using google earth.

On these two leases Google earth did a bang up job of surveying all the roads, some not much more than trails. Really seemed to clarify my overview of the whole area.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a GPS app called Motion-X GPS on my Iphone. I think it cost about .99 cents. It's pretty good, user friendly and has a fair amount of options for map downloads Waypoints and tracking is easy. The only limitation so far is that I would like it to be able to zoom in a little more, especially when I am out in the field. May have to upgrade for that reason alone.

I use WeatherUnderground for wind/weather/sunrise info.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:15 AM
Spike

Google maps my choice as well but did not count it as an app.

Scoutlook ...looks interesting will try it out.

Tried these two Primos Hunting Calls and Hunt Predictor Hunting Times (got them from best hunting apps post)...surprisingly good in action.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

I use the Sportsman Tracker hunt predictor app. I wouldn't say it's dead on accurate, but it has helped me choose which days and what time of the day to go. IDK if it was luck or just accurate, had a time where the app said the major feeding period time was at 8 am for my location. At exactly 8, 3 does walked out into the plot and started feeding. I'm going to say it was pure luck haha. BUT the app did help me put some meat in the freezer that day! I also use the Google Earth map to study new areas that I'm thinking about hunting.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:37 AM
Spike

I've got 2 apps that I use regularly.
Backcountry Navigator is my maps and GPS. Awesome for scouting
Weather underground is my go to for weather. Easy to get long term predictions. I supplement with accuweather though.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:02 PM
Spike

OnXMaps is awesome for scouting and knowing what land you're on if you're in an area that's a mix of public and private. It works great just running of the GPS of your phone.

For tracking my whitetail hunts, I use the Quiver Hunting App. It gives you all the hunting specific weather you need. You can also track individual hunts and log deer activity almost like a journal. It's free too! https://itunes.apple.com/app/id982722720