Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

HECS hunting suit

Old 03-18-2016, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

In all honesty, I have bought into a few of what I have to admit turned out to be a waste of my money. I do think a camouflage that matches the terrain-woods, etc is an asset when the hunting is going to be a closer ranges such as it is with archery and hunting turkeys. Some of the well made turkey and duck calls, when mastered help a lot. I have even had some good experience with a deer grunt call, but very, very few. Elk bugling and cow calls no doubt give the hunter an edge. Going heavy into scent control, cover scents, attractants scents, etc. .... ????... I have not yet bought into the need to go there. As far as this "electric field" idea. Hmmm ! I have had deer so close to me that on one occasion I poked a fat doe in the side with my rifle muzzle just to see what she'd do ... which was jump straight up and shift into high gear.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

That was a fun read. Reminded me of something Pat McManus would have written.
I have to laugh at all the gadgets we hunters "have" to have to go into the woods these days. My goodness, if it wasn't for my side by side utility vehicle and trailer to carry all this stuff I'd never be able to get out hunting. I have to leave at 2:00 am now just to get it all set up by daybreak!
Just kidding of course. But that what it seems like on TV.
I'm happy with just my rifle, knife, drag rope, canteen, sandwich and apple or candy bar. I'm good for the day.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's a name I haven't heard or thought of in a long time. Golly, I just loved to read the stuff that he put out!
Old 03-21-2016, 07:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
That's a name I haven't heard or thought of in a long time. Golly, I just loved to read the stuff that he put out!
I think I have all his books. I would sit and read his short stories and bust out laughing. My wife thought I was nuts. But as a person who love the outdoors I could clearly picture the images he put into words and could see it actually happening.
One of my favorite was "Poof - No Eyebrows"