Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

warm weather gloves

Old 10-26-2015, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default warm weather gloves

I always wear gloves when bow hunting for deer and also anytime i am turkey hunting. In all my years of hunting I don't ever remember seeing or owning a pair of light hunting gloves that I liked. My main complaint is none seem to have any grip and most are just down right slick when holding my shotgun or my bow. I did try dyeing some thin cut resistant work gloves I have that have foam on the palms and bottom of the fingers(they where white) but they shrunk almost to the point that I cant get them on anymore.
Do any of you have gloves that you like that you think I should try?
Old 10-26-2015, 05:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wear Bob Allen shooting gloves when hunting birds, they are like a second skin and very thin leather, no lining and light. I have been wearing them for a long time.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had no issues finding light gloves with good grips. My favorite are Under Armor gloves that have little bulk and have good feel with my guns and bows. Even down to single digits I wear these and just keep my hands in my pockets as much as possible with hand warmers.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default For cold weather

I've used hunting mittens.
They're extremely warm and a lot of hunters won't wear them.
They often keep looking for warm gloves.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

I am going to try and check out the ones oltimr and d80hunter mentioned.. Warmth is not the issue , concealment of my hands and grip and still being able to use my release (or slate call in the spring) are the only things i am looking for
Old 10-31-2015, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a bunch of pairs of Under Armour thin gloves - basically the thickness of heat gear, but with honey comb silicon grip on the palm. They're thin enough that I can wear them in 70degree weather, but enough glove to still offer a bit of warmth when I pull them out of cold weather glove when the mercury drops.

Fingerless gloves are another good option for warmer weather. They can be very warm when you make a fist, but let heat escape readily when you open your hand. I have some under armour glommits that work well this way, as well as an old thick-knit cotton pair from about 20yrs ago that I use.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

I like warm weather gloves. Have a pair of thin pigskin gloves.
They even have some small holes for ventilation.
Use'em for shooting, hunting and fishing.
Still I cut off about 1/2 of the right glove's thumb and index finger.
This way I still get the better feel of gun's trigger or the reel's spool.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:58 AM
Spike

I bought a pair of light work gloves at "Big Orange" that I really like. They have the added advantage of having smartphone-friendly fingertips, so I can use my phone without taking them off. $15 plus tax.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:38 AM
Banned

I have only one question. if the weather is warm ,why do yo need gloves?I seldom wear them at all. generally not unless it is under 20 degrees or so.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

I use them because when you are hunting behind a bird dog, thorns are common place and are hands don;t fare as well as covered hands. They also help keep the grip on a shotgun when you throw it up to shoot. Funny thing, I don't use gloves when it is cold, I use the "hot hands" hand warmers in both hand warmer coat (the ones at the side f the coat behind the front pocket) pockets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.