Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting Flashlight Needed

Old 03-24-2016, 09:16 PM
Spike

Best hunting flashlight is for me surefire.
Why?
Waterproof.
Durability just awesome.
Dis advantages: Price is high

Last edited by zuliaera; 11-13-2016 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:00 PM
Fork Horn

I usually just run the cheap walmart headlamps for the normal bumping around in the morning stuff, but have the Surefire for if I need to light up the night looking for shot game and such. Redundancy is the name of the game I rock the GPS but always have a compass in the pack as well when hunting big land.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:46 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Alsatian
To state the obvious first. We don't hunt at night. For most big game animals -- if not all -- hunting at night (30 minutes after sundown to 30 minutes before sunup, to share one definition of this excluded hunting time) is against the law. No one else addressed this point, probably because they figured you already knew this. It is kind of taken for granted that we don't hunt at night. Since this is your first post, I thought I would state the obvious.

The preceeding posts are pretty consistent in their advice (1) a headlamp is important to leave your hands free, for example to gut an animal and cut it up when you may have shot the animal at 20 minutes after sundown and (2) back-up flashlights and backup batteries are prudent. The headlamps are also important when walking to your hunting spot in the dark in the morning -- so you can have your hands free to aid your balance or hold your firearm. LED type flashlights are good because they are efficient and do not use up batteries as fast as older technology flashlights based on incandescent bulbs.

Having said these things, I don't know that there is a lot more to say on the subject. As far as I know, most flashlights do their job reliably. There isn't a Mercedes versus Chevrolet quality difference among flashlights that I'm aware of.
Here in Texas it is very legal to hunt hogs and coyote at night. Quality lights are a must when hunting at night. Green or red depending on game being hunted is preferred. I highly recommend Stalk Tech hunting lights, I recommend them from experience and can say that is the best red and green light I have ever bought.
A good flashlight for getting in and out a stand or field dressing an animal after sunset would be any led flashlight such as a streamlight.....
Old 03-27-2016, 04:27 AM
Spike

For hunting i will suggest xtreme bright flashlight. It is the best i even use flashlight.
Why? I can charge my mobile, tablet etc through it when i go out for camping, hunting.
3500 lumens brightest light ever. Multiple mode, weatherproof etc advantages available too.
You can check full review here
Old 05-26-2016, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

I like the Sure Fire products but was lately introduced to Nite Core. Nite Core has some insanely bright flash lights and good head lamps too. Most of their lights use the 18650 rechargable batteries. Will be able to tell you more when I get my TM6 a 4000 lumen flash light with adjustable brightness settings.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Never went for an expensive hunting flashlight

Got inexpensive industrial flashlights, that worked in the dark, and helped you avoid, in the dark, tripping over a log or rock and falling on your puss.