Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Simple light

Old 11-16-2014, 09:48 AM
Spike

Default Simple light

Picked a new flashlight for my bow hunting expenditures last week. It was a bit of a gamble. But, not too bad on my part. It was the Cree LED flashlight by a small company. There isn't much to know from the internet perspective. Camo exterior is nice, but not that important.

I can say it is bright enough to do what it needs to do. Get me from one tree stand to another. I would say the best feature, is the charging status. Anything that doesn't depend on batteries is best, in my opinion. After every trip out I can simply plug it in and it will be ready for the next time.

Also, it's not too heavy but not too light either.

If looking for a new flashlight, I think this one would go good in almost any bag
Old 11-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Recommend a head light - hands free.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...h-All+Products
Old 11-16-2014, 11:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Atually, there is something to be said for batteries, you can always carry extras and if you light starts to take a dump, you can change out the batteries. Rechargable lights are ok, if you remember to keep them charged and if you are half way to your stand when the light goes dim, there aren't any outlets to plug it in..
Old 11-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sorry I should have also said "Surefire", for a hand held light

................... always bring extra batteries !!!

Last edited by Sheridan; 12-09-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got a lenser h7r last year and in a world of junk products this is one that is fantastic.

Rechargeable but also takes batteries,rheostat, the beam adjust from super wide to narrow, and performs pretty much exactly like my Nite Lite with a heavy battery pack and does it with 3 little triple A size batteries.

Awesome light
Old 12-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I went to a headlamp a year ago and have never looked back. In fact, I now have two of them and both take 3 AAA batteries that last an unreal number of hours. I have the second one in my pack ready to go and don't even have to worry about putting batteries in either of them out in the field. You can have your handheld flashlights and rechargeables!
Old 12-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old school 2 AA mag lite. Never failed and suits my purpose.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I still use...

a minimum priced led. Just interested in avoiding falling on my face in the dark. It was a step-up for me and those D batteries.