Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

tinks smoking sticks

Old 08-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Spike

Default tinks smoking sticks

Hey guys I bought some tinks smokin sticks and i read some reviews and I just wanted to hear what you guys thought of them if they actually worked. thanks
Old 08-29-2013, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

NG,
Surely someone on here knows about them. IMHO they might be sold more for the hunter, and to get his dough, than for the deer but deer are curious critters sometimes.
The sell the vanilla buck bomb but don't give you a warning not to use them in bear country! LOL
daddus
Old 08-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Spike

yea thats what i figured could happen but it was cheap so i figured why not hopefully it doesnt actively scare the deer away n just doesnt help
Old 08-31-2013, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gimmick and illegal in Alabama.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:01 AM
Fork Horn

i personally think this is a gimmmick. ive tried it with no luck. ive tried a lot of other stuff too. to be honest the only stuff ill buy from is paul pollicks deer lures. great stuff. will not spook deer. u name it they have it. i use preorbital gland scent, interdigital scent and tarsal scent from them. the stuff works u will not be wasting your money. they are based out of pennsylvania.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Spike

I don't know about the smoke sticks, but I did try the tinks scrape bomb dripper deal. Made a mock scrape, no buck activity but I am getting a lot of does coming around and one pissed on the mock scrape. I looked at the stuff from Paul, and will definitely try it. Heard a lot of good things.