Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

new crossbow bolts..

Old 08-31-2013, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default new crossbow bolts..

i have a horton vision crossbow with the reverse limbs. i am using the upgraded bolts from horton but i was thinking of getting different ones. any recomendations on a good crossbow arrow?
Old 09-01-2013, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry ... I am an old dude and don't fix what ain't broke. If these are flying fine and doing a good job of killing game, I see no reason to change bolts. If however you are ahving issues with consistent flight or penetration, etc., and want to try another bolt, I would say pick any of the quality bolts ... there are so many good ones out their now ... buy a couple and give them a try to see if you can detect enough improvement to warrant switching.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Spike

one thing to consider about using different bolts is the weight, too light and limbs start to splinter and other issues arise. Its really easy to get to light a bolt for your application. I like carbon express maxima hunters with my xbow. with the raptor vanes, very consistent groups. far more consistent then the bolts that came with it. just check with owner manual for weight requirements and nock type that should be used.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:10 AM
HIN
Spike

Excalibur gold tip arrows and also use an arrow puller. This link shows up some interesting diagrams on arrow ballistics: http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/con...row_ballistics