Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Flashlight(s)

Old 12-21-2011, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

MANY years served well with the ole AA MagLite.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

For hunting, I've got a Fenix PD-32, and a Surefire G-2X. Both are what I would call "quite good". They're small, light weight, and cast a lot of light for only using two small batteries.

I've been buying the Tenergy CR123A lithium batteries in bulk. IIRC this gets the price per down to about .50 cents each.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:21 PM
Banned

The Inova XSDMA-HT flashlight provides good engineering and illuminative power. At approx 2.9 inches, it delivers all the flashlight power you need. and also has patented optical system and precision construction, you can count on the Inova XSDMA-HT Dual Mode LED Flashlight.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:05 PM
Banned

I would recommend Streamlight Protac 2AA which is a ULTRA-COMPACT TACTICAL LIGHT The combination of small size and C4 LED output results in one of the brightest tactical personal carry lights for its size. This has a phenomenal strobe of 4 hours and nylon holster. Get it from the Safforsportinggoods for quality services.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:37 PM
Spike

I've been looking for the hunting flashlights for days, I do not know whether I should by Sure fire, Fenix, or Tank007 flashlight (a brand in China). Do you guys have any good ideas?
Old 06-11-2015, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a LENSER H7r very small light weight head lamp that keeps up with my nitelite coon light. Adjustable beam and brightness.

I night fish with it on the whole time and its never went dead on me.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Amazon Amazon

This is about all I've needed for a handheld for years. Last Christmas they had a special. Box, two sets of batteries, a charger and car charger, for around 12 bucks. I've got four of them now.

Batteries seem to be all about the amp hours (miliamps) and the higher amp hour batteries last way longer. But cost more than the light does.

I've had a couple of pieces of rubber pop off, nothing a little glue wouldn't fix.

The compass on the end is a joke, it only works with the batteries removed.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 06-11-2015 at 10:41 AM.