Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

River's Edge

Old 07-11-2011, 05:48 AM
Spike

Default River's Edge

Does anyone own a River's Edge treestand? What do you think on the quality and comfort of these stands? They look nice, im thinking of buying one.

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2011, 01:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got sevetral chain-on models. There're solid, stabile, comfortable stands. I put mine up and leave them all season. The down side: There're heavy. I'd hate to move them a lot. And, the models I have don't have a removable seat. I need to put a plastic bag over the seat to keep it dry.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Spike

I have a Bigfoot XL, it is made very well, armrests flip up out of the way as does the seat, large platform. Pleased with it
Old 07-15-2011, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

We probably have 3-4 hundred out in the field. Lock-ons and ladders. They are a Great stand and very durable, platform is big, so you have plenty to stand on. Squirrels do like to chew the seats, lol so I suggest removing them at the seasons close, if you just have a few stands out.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

We also use a lot of Ol'Man lock-ons and ladders, as they are a sponsor. They are also good stands, but considerably higher priced. The ladders are IMO the best on the market though.

Also, with the Rivers Edge, mice will nest in the seats if you don't remove the pad in the off season. I have even found bats nested in them. lol You can't go wrong with a Rivers Edge stand though. And you can get replacement seats, that come with the metal seat bracket and the 2" pad.

Last edited by deerdust; 07-16-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:08 AM
Spike

We have about 8 RE stands. I do like their little 13 packable stand, but it's only 13 feet. We have several of their 15' ladder stands and no one who has sit in them likes them. It feels like you're sitting on top of a pin head. Everyone who has sit in these say thy do not feel secure.

On the other hand, the Big Game Titans and Skybox has us fighting over which ones will be hunting them. They are super comfortable and worth every penny.