Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rubber Boots vs Regular

Old 08-16-2010, 05:38 AM
Spike

If you want to keep your feet dry,buy the rubber! I go with thinsulate 400grs. or less and use ice breakers in cold weather when Im on stand. As far as sent control I have mixed feelings on that issue. I play a little game of hide and seek with my lab. I through a stick in a corn or bean field and while he is retrieving it I run and hide the woods. Even with rubber boots on he tracks me down like a rabbit sitting in a brush pile. I feel the rubber is easier to eliminate your scent from than the leather and canvas hunting boot,but still takes some attention. good luck
Old 08-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Rubber - Lacrosse Alpha One is all I wear, insulated and uninsulated.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:50 AM
Typical Buck

best hunting boots ever made. for all conditions and comfortable for the long hikes in.

http://muckboots.com/Merchant2/merch...tegory_Code=OS
Old 08-29-2010, 04:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by INRecordBookBuck
best hunting boots ever made. for all conditions and comfortable for the long hikes in.

http://muckboots.com/Merchant2/merch...tegory_Code=OS
Ditto......+1
Old 08-30-2010, 07:42 AM
Spike

I am too cheap. I went to walmart's website and found a pair for 55 bucks that look nearly spitting image of a pair of muck boots. I know they will not be as nice as muck boots but eh I only have so much money and way to many things I want to spend it on.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Spike

Go with the rubber boots, they will hold back water even when submerged in pond and river water. If you get cold feet you could always add the shake up hothands to your boots.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by countryboy96
I am too cheap. I went to walmart's website and found a pair for 55 bucks that look nearly spitting image of a pair of muck boots. I know they will not be as nice as muck boots but eh I only have so much money and way to many things I want to spend it on.

Countryboy, don't take this the wrong way but, one day you will realize your feet are the most important thing to take care of if you are going to be an avid outdoorsman.
Cold or wet feet = figiting in your stand = no bucks except with luck.
I will skimp on a weapon before I would clothes or boots!!!