Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Bass Pro Shops Problem!

Old 08-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Spike

Default Bass Pro Shops Problem!

Does anyone know why Bass Pro isn't offering 6 or 12 months no interest on $300 and $500 purchases with the store card at the Hunting Classic this year? Thats the only way I can afford new hunting gear. Looks like I will just be a spectator at the sale, and save up for next year!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cause if you haven't noticed the people of this great nation aren't spending money, this is one way for them to sell items
Old 08-06-2010, 03:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Marketing...They are having a sale...Later they will have the 6-12 month pay plan...
Old 08-06-2010, 08:28 AM
bigcountry

I always say, if I can't afford it today, how can I afford it tomorrow.

Credit is killing people and making them slaves. I see young folks non-stop get in this trap of quick money. I see my wives nephews well over 6 and 10K debt at age 23. Maybe never completely dig thier way out.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

What's wrong with the gear you used last year? Atleast most of it has to be serviceable. Don't fall into the gotta have the newest or latest BS. It is all like NC said - marketing. Definition of marketing? Making your dollars jump into their pockets.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Typical Buck

alot of the stuff you would buy at basspro can be bought cheaper used or on site like sportsmans guide, look on craigslist, ebay etc if you need stuff
Old 08-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you can afford the payments over time, you can afford to save first then buy.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I always say, if I can't afford it today, how can I afford it tomorrow.
+1. If you can't afford to pay off the credit card bill at the end of the month, don't buy it.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default For the past thirty years

I saved the cash before I bought the rifle, the fishing reel, the tent, tree stand, the boots, etc., etc.

Paying cash sure got me in the habit of taking good care that the product lasted, and controlled what I actually spent.

It made it impossible to do certain buys.

I just couldn't take nine - 100 bills - to buy a compound bow, even if it was the best of the best. That thought of passing the cash from my wallet was just too painful.