Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Scentlok/scent blocker

Old 07-30-2010, 04:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default Scentlok/scent blocker

what is with everybody saying this stuff doesnt work? i mean im uneducated to the subject but why does it not work? im just curous as to WHY people think it doesnt work?
Old 07-30-2010, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Apparently, to actually "re-activate" the the scent locking properties, you'd have to heat it to a temperature that would incinerate the garment.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know for sure if it works I'm no expert in the field, I do own a few garments. If I think it works thats good enough for me
Old 07-30-2010, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

i heard there getting suid for false advert. somebody is going to get paid
Old 07-30-2010, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no Scent Lock hunting gear at all so I can't speak for or against it. But I can share about 3 close encounters with Deer last year which may give some insight that will help. My first close up encounter with a Buck was at 12 yards,eyeball to eyeball. The wind was in my favor what little there was and the morning thermals had not kicked in yet due to the coldness not to mention the heavy frost on the ground December the 5th of last year.The Buck was looking right at me the whole time and never bolted off. Why? How could I get so close to an animal with such a great sense of smell? I had no Scent Lock on at all but I had the weather in my favor,wind ,thermals,frost etc. Also I do use scent cover and scent eliminator products. I wash my hunting cloths everytime I come out of the field,I take a shower before going out,I leave all my hunting cloths outside along with my rubber boots.I use every product I can and when at my hunting spot I spray the cover scent eliminator on me and my gear. The most important thing in all of this is the Wind then the scent issue is a close second.The second Buck and Doe encounter 1/2 an hour later was at the same distance.Six Does and the Buck I took once again came in upwind of me and they came right up to me and never sensed I was there,the Buck died that hour. Once again I credit the Wind and decent scent control for leting me get so close on the ground,I was not in a tree stand but on the ground between 2 brush piles with logs on both sides. The 3rd. encounter was with a Buck only 10 yards away on January the 2nd. and He was down wind of me on the coldest day of my hunting season. He scented me but not until he was at 10 yards distance and once again I was on the ground. I believe in scent control products because I got real close 3 times, but having the wind is the key in all this to me. Sorry it took so long to explain but I hope my encounters shed some light on the issue.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big thread about it here: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/poli...k-lawsuit.html
Old 07-30-2010, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

Play the wind! That will always work, however any additional help you can get, is welcomed in my book.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Well I will give you my opinion on SL clothing. First off they are real good quality made products with nice camo patterns. However, if you are buying this to hide your scent your crazy. Many people have been victims of some good ol fashioned "advertising". Plain and simple. People are willing to pay whatever price to get a chance at a buck pictured on many products these days. Hunt the wind like your supposed too and you can hunt in your cow poop covered boots. Just makes me laugh sometimes when I see what people will spend their money on. Once again, not saying their products are junk quality wise, just that they are not going to eliminate scent like they claim.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:45 AM
Spike

Default Agree completely

I have nothing against either of the companies and I currently still have a Scent Shield blaze orange coat (required by state for gun season). I do think they invested millions in advertising and it paid off for a very long time. We have also used the silver lined clothes with good luck, but if anybody thinks they are going to just throw on these types of clothes and the scent will be gone, then you will be sadly mistaken and probably very upset. These type of products greatly when used as part of a system. Just my thoughts, Good luck
Old 07-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

well i personally do not have the money to buy scentlok suits or anything like that. i mean i have the facemask but thats it. but ive found brands like medalist and rocky as well as field and stream that are just as good as my friends scentlok that ive worn for half the price. but i, just like all of you have said, play the wind and do everything else i can do to reduce scent, store my clothes and boots in scent safe bags and wash my clothes in scent killer as well as spray down throughly before entering the woods and when i get to my stand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.