Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.
View Poll Results: Best for cold wether?
Muck woody Elite
33.33%
Muck woody max fleece lining
66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Muck boots vs muck boots

Old 02-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Spike

Default Muck boots vs muck boots

I was going to get the Muck woody elite and then seen That the woody max has a fleece lining. Do you think the Woody max with fleece lining will be best for cold wether?
Old 02-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Dominant Buck

I always used LaCrosse rubber insulated boots for hunting and ice fishing here in Northern Vermont. I have 5 pair in different weights for different uses. I decided to buy a pair of Muck Woody Max because they had a good reputation and I already have a light weight pair of gardening muck boots and like them. I can safely say I won't be buying another pair of LaCrosse. The Muck Woody Max are very comfortable, real warm and come off way easier than the LaCrosse. I bought mine at a Cabelas on a recent cross country elk trip and got to used them this year in Vermont for our deer season. I liked them so much I started to use them ice fishing and they are very warm. The only difference between them and the elite is scent protection and about $10. price difference. Either one will be the best rubber boots you could own. I would go with the moody max but that is because I have them and haven't tried the elites.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Spike

The elites Look nice but dont have the fleece lining so I think it will be the wood max with fleece lining.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd go with the fleece lined also.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:31 AM
Fork Horn

I have a pair. Fleece hands down!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:31 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

I have both. The Woody Max's are just a tad warmer and a few ounces heavier, but there's not really that much difference.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:45 AM
Spike

I keep reading about how muck boots come off easy, is this really a good thing? I walk in mud sometimes that would suck my boots off if they were any easier to get off.

Do they slip at the heel?

I have a brand of "hunter" rubber boots I got decades that are thin and tight. They are comforable as heck since I put superfeet insoles in! They are cold though and not too good to sit in a stand.

I got some lacrosse alph burlys. They run small and I was not sure of the size to get. I a half a size larger and they fit great except for being a little too short. A larger size would be way too large and slip more.

I have found that they work best in a single style of sock. Luckily I have 2 pairs of that sock.

I prefer the thinner boots that stay put. It's surprizeing because it seems like they would be uncomfortable but I have worn them all day.