Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rocky Stalker boots

Old 02-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down Rocky Stalker boots

Are you looking for a quality felt pac boot? DON'T BUY ROCKY!!! Two years ago I purchase a pair of Rocky Stalker boots at a local sports shop for a scheduled hunt in Colorado. They looked great. Aggressive tread pattern, rubber bottoms with leather uppers and heavy felt liners. I had not owned Rocky before, but they looked like a quality boot and for $175 bucks, they should last. I have a pair of Sorrell's that are 20 years old, and other than the treads getting worn, replacing boot strings and a pair of liners, they are still serviceable. Today I went out to clear some of the snow we received on the East Coast yesterday. I walked out to my garage and fired up the blower. After a few passes I noted a piece of green rubber laying in the path I just cleared. I didn't think much of it until I noticed another. This was the whole toe section of the Rocky Stalker boot. After about 10 minutes I had to retreat to the house and exchange the Rocky's for my Danner's because the only parts left on the Stalkers was the leather uppers, the front part of the soles and the felt liners. What the *)(#. After I finished clearing snow I drove to the place of purchase and the sales person stated, "yea, Rocky has problems with this style boot and they will not honor any complaints after the 1 year warranty." THEN WHY SELL THE JUNK!!! Rocky is generous enough to offer a 1 year warranty on their junk. I wonder why only 1 year??? This outfit can keep their Chinese junk.

Last edited by Sniper151; 02-11-2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Removed place of purchase
Old 02-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default If they're as bad as five years ago

according to complaints then, how do they survive so long?

I had a good pair once. But they wore out some ten years ago.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

I have a pair of Rocky work boots . They are comfortable and water-proof .
I was looking at some Rocky hunting boots in D!cks Sporting Goods Store yesterday . They were manufactured in the Dominican Republic .
Old 02-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Their leather and fabric work boots may be the cats meow. As I stated, it's their inferior felt paks with the rubber construction that is sub par.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Im not really happy with my Rocky's either. It'll be Cabelas, Irish Setter, or Lacrosse next time...we'll see.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

THEN WHY SELL THE JUNK!!! Rocky is generous enough to offer a 1 year warranty on their junk. I wonder why only 1 year??? This outfit can keep their Chinese junk.
The same thing happened to my 2 year old Rocky insulated hunting boots. The crap that bonds the uppers to the soles just rotted to dust. I paid as much for those cheap Chinese made boots as a good pair of US made boots used to cost.

Since no one makes hunting boots in the US anymore, I bought a nice pair of German made Meindl hunting boots with my Cabela's points.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a pair of Rocky Bear or Deer Stalkers a few years back. They are warm, waterproof and very comfortable. However chunks of rubber the size of quarters began coming off the boots last year. I called Rocky to complain but was told those boots were no longer made. They did send me a new pair of soles that I could have put on my boots.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you use Cabela's all the time, they will replace anything ( for any reason) !

If you disagree, go back to the original statement and start over !!!

Although, this looks like a hell of a deal !

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c...?a=325326&pn=1

Last edited by Sheridan; 02-12-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

I agree, Rocky's don't last very long!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sent a nasty gram to Rocky yesterday and had a response to call their customer service, toll free number. I spoke to a real nice lady and explained the problem. She said "we did have a problem with earlier models. Early models, three years ago??? If they were not in an area where they could get ample ventilation, the rubber would dry out and crack." I then asked why they continued to sell a product that was defective? No answer from the rep. What that tells me is they don't care. Rocky has your money and you have some scrap rubber.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.