Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Excellent Flash Light For Hunting >

Excellent Flash Light For Hunting

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Excellent Flash Light For Hunting

Old 01-31-2010, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Excellent Flash Light For Hunting

I bought small Coleman 115 Lumens flashlight this year for tracking in the dark. I has really worked great and puts out more light than I really need. Takes regular batteries (AAA) and has a good run time on those batteries. Below are the details on the light. All for Under $30.

The Coleman Max line up of flashlights offers superior performance at a tremendous value. The Multi-Color Max offers traditional white, night vision red and blood trail blue LEDs.
  • Lifetime LED Bulb - Never needs to be replaced
  • 115 lumens
  • Lightweight and Durable Aerospace Grade Aluminum Body
  • Three settings: White for general purpose; Red for enhanced night vision; Blue for blood trails
  • Rotating collar to select light color
  • Run time: six hours on White, 50 hours on Red, 50 hours on Blue
  • Beam distance: 66m
  • Weather-resistant
  • Requires 3 "AAA" batteries (included)
Model No.:2000004486
Old 01-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

That looks like a great light for the price....I wonder if they offer it in a headlamp.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks very similar to a Duracell brand light I bought last year. I have been happy with mine.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Nice Flashlight
Old 02-04-2010, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Look's like a great addition to the back pak!! I have been using the regular Mini-Mag lite for years, and have been wanting to get one of those blood trailer lites. Look's like you'd have the best of both worlds with that one!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

great looking light.lights do act different.i have best lights and only use about 2 now.
i like those pen lights alot.
bulbs are all diffeent, thats secret.sometimes you can change bulds and make any light work better.we did it at work.
for climbing a tree in dark, i use hat lights.for walking in i like the PEN lights.
i also use knight/hale flashing light to find my stand in morning.i drilled out the beeper sound from it.why they would put beeper on light with no way of keeping it quite is beyond me.the remote should have 2 setting,1 for light and 1 for beeper.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

Looks exellant!!! Thanks
Old 02-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by maytom
Look's like a great addition to the back pak!! I have been using the regular Mini-Mag lite for years, and have been wanting to get one of those blood trailer lites. Look's like you'd have the best of both worlds with that one!!!
I like my Primos great light!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:53 AM
Spike

Default Mini Maglite Upgrade

If you have a bunch of old Mini Maglites laying around like I do you might want to consider upgrading them to the current LED technology. I like the quality and durability of my mini mags and couldn't stand to part with 'em just because the old incandescent bulbs are now outdated. I did a video review of the Nite Ize LED and tailcap switch upgrades on my blog. I've been using them for about a month now and really like 'em. Here is a link to my review if you are interested http://pursuithunting.blogspot.com/2...-nite-ize.html