Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Ground Blind "Bummer"

Old 02-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unhappy Ground Blind "Bummer"

I just tossed a "Ground Max" brand pop-up blind into the trash. Got one season use out of it. Put it up and took it down 6 times. When I put it out the 3 rd. time, I showed up the next afternoon to use it, and one of the fiberglass rods supporting the roof was snapped in the middle. Repaired that with a short metal tube.

Went to set it up for a pre-season check yesterday. Three of the grommets pulled through the fabric ... 2 sides and the roof. So I replaced these with better grade of grommet. While reassembling another of the fiberglass rods snapped. This time too close to the rod hub to repair. This was an relatively inexpensive ground blind. About $80 as I recall. Wasted $$$ !

Any suggestions for a well made ground blind will be appreciated. Price not an object, but less is better !?! I want something that will last several seasons and is a good design.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

I've used a Ameristep Brickhouse blind for years. It's been great. Starting to show a little wear after about 7 years. I have used it a lot.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:34 AM
Spike

Smile

I also use ameristep blinds. I leave them up year round. What I do once it starts to snow is to put a center post in them to keep the snow load from collapsing the roof. When I hunt in one just remove post, place on floor of blind and when done hunting for the day just replace. Some of my blinds have been sitting in the woods like this for over 7yrs now. Good luck deerman
Old 02-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am very happy with the Double Bull, Matrix ground blind I have.