Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Disappointed in Summit

Old 01-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Spike

Default Disappointed in Summit

I bought a Summit Razor SS for bow hunting and when I got it there were parts missing, and here I am 9 days later without replacement parts, and hunting season is dwindling away.

I was told 9 days ago that the missing parts were on their way, and still nothing. Now all my days off work that I wait for so I can bow hunt have pretty much passed, and I had no tree stand because Summit chose to ship my missing parts by what appears to be the slowest and cheapest method possible.

I don't fault companies for mistakes or products broken in shipping, but I darn well expect them to make it right when it happens!! Summit has failed miserable in this department. Ol' Man has them beat hands down.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

Where did you purchase it? If it was a local store you could have returned it right away. If you mail ordered it I would have ordered another and returned the first one, just so I could be hunting.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by stancel
I bought a Summit Razor SS for bow hunting and when I got it there were parts missing, and here I am 9 days later without replacement parts, and hunting season is dwindling away.

I was told 9 days ago that the missing parts were on their way, and still nothing. Now all my days off work that I wait for so I can bow hunt have pretty much passed, and I had no tree stand because Summit chose to ship my missing parts by what appears to be the slowest and cheapest method possible.

I don't fault companies for mistakes or products broken in shipping, but I darn well expect them to make it right when it happens!! Summit has failed miserable in this department. Ol' Man has them beat hands down.

Last edited by sproulman; 01-07-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stancel
Ol' Man has them beat hands down.
That's not news to me. I already knew that! x2 on that comment!

Sorry to hear about the parts missing and the long shipping time. Many companies will try and make up for it by expedited shipping.

iSnipe
Old 01-06-2010, 02:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Remnard
Where did you purchase it? If it was a local store you could have returned it right away. If you mail ordered it I would have ordered another and returned the first one, just so I could be hunting.

+1

My experience with Summit CS has been outstanding the couple of times I have contacted them. I hope this is an isolated case and not the beginning of troubles in Summit land.

However, your post brings up another point and I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ here. This is the perfect example of being prepared. I don't know your circumstances as something could have happened beyond your control. I have seen this kind of thing happen before when someone gets a new piece of hunting equipment right before the season or their vacation starts.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

I have 2 copper head hang ons that I needed new seats for. I emailed them and they said: sorry we dont make them any more. They also told me they dont have replacement parts. So now I am screwed and out 300 plus bucks.

I sold my Summit Viper last season because I didnt think I would use a climber anymore. I had a change of heart though and recently bought a treewalker and to me its twice the stand the viper ss was.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have 2 copper head hang ons that I needed new seats for. I emailed them and they said: sorry we dont make them any more. They also told me they dont have replacement parts. So now I am screwed and out 300 plus bucks.

I sold my Summit Viper last season because I didnt think I would use a climber anymore. I had a change of heart though and recently bought a treewalker and to me its twice the stand the viper ss was.
what makes treewalker better than the summit viper ss.summits from what i have read are most comfortable stands made.for me ,thats most IMPORTANT thing i want in a stand. at 18 i did not care but at 56,COMFORT IS NO. 1.........
Old 01-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I understand your pain.....can you not find a seat and modify it to work? I had to do that with a couple Loc-On stands a few years back when they went under.

I have been looking at the TreeWalker's the last couple years and they definately look like a well made stand. What do you like about them over the Viper?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

i am no info on treewalker BUT i can tell you this, no way that seat is going to be comfortable sitting in it for longtime.adding chill pack seat against tree is not good.
i have back trouble ,we will all get it as we get older.i try everything in my ladderstands to get comfortable.

unless you have seat like summits have,i cant see how you are going to not be numb or stiff ...........
i sat in treewalker at sportsmans show at harrisburg.no way it was great seat and dont let anyone tell you it is.try sitting on a swing with that seat.it will pull in on your sides.
at 18 ,yes thats great seat but older,i would not rec it even tho i have not sat in it for 8 hrs.
sitting in it for 10 minutes at show was enough.

Last edited by sproulman; 01-19-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
i am no info on treewalker BUT i can tell you this, no way that seat is going to be comfortable sitting in it for longtime.adding chill pack seat against tree is not good.
i have back trouble at 56 ,we will all get it as we get older.i try everything in my ladderstands to get comfortable.

unless you have seat like summits have,i cant see how you are going to not be numb or stiff ...........
i sat in treewalker at sportsmans show at harrisburg.no way it was grerat seat and dont let anyone tell you it is.try sitting on a swing with that seat.it will pull in on your sides.
at 18 ,yes thats great seat but 56 and older,i would not rec it even tho i have not sat in it for 8 hrs.
sitting in it for 10 minutes at show was enough.
That was my thought exactly when I looked at the Treewalker. An excellent built stand but an uncomfortable looking seat. My favorite thing about the Summit is the comfort but a close second is the ease and quickness of the setup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.