Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting Boots

Old 12-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Spike

Default Hunting Boots

Can anyone give me a brand-style of boot to get for hunting that are quiet? I recently just purchased Rocky Timberwolf 800 insulate and they are noisy in the field(real aggressive soles and bulky). They pick up everything and walkin in rocks or anything will make anything hear you. So what is nice boot that that wont grip to everything and wont create a ruckus!) thanks
Old 12-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

man im diggin the boa..i kno scent lok is hated sumwhat, but they sure look good, with the stay dry effect as well...
Old 12-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Spike

I have been searching for boots since my last post. I keep looking back at these http://www.outdoor-headquarters.com/...e=rockyoutdoor. I also was looking at http://www.outdoor-headquarters.com/...kyoutdoor.They look as if they would be QUIE, with it saying in the description flexible and not bulky. Would anyone agree or have any other boot i should look at?

Last edited by effect; 12-01-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have found that the quietest soles are air bob soles and they also give the best grip on the most different type of surfaces. They are softer than most types of soles and tend to flex and absorb inconsistencies. Vibram type soles just dig in and won't flex unless really well worn/broken in. Step on a stick with airbob soles and it may not break but with a vibram type sole it will. Also if your on alot of rock the air bob soles wear very rapidly and can get expensive. Hope it helps.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

All leather Wolverines, with the airbob sole. Had mine for two years now and wondering still why I didn't get a pair sooner.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Not sure where you are from but I use LaCrosse rubber here in Vt for deer hunting and ice fishing. The quality IMO has gone down hill since moving mfg to china so I bought a pair of Muck Woody max this year. They are very comfortable, light and warm. I will see how warm they are out on the ice when we get some. Very quiet walking with a good tread. They probably wouldn't have the support for out west and when I go there it is Danner
Old 12-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Dominant Buck

I have been using Chippewa and Ross Allen for years......Many rattlers in Florida........
Old 12-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Spike

Think i got it narrowed down to two pairs. Either http://www.outdoor-headquarters.com/...e=rockyoutdoor . or http://www.outdoor-headquarters.com/...e=rockyoutdoor. Any input on either of these?
Old 12-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Not sure where you are located but hopefully you will get to try them out in a store or better yet at the factory store in Nelsonville OH. Most posts I have seen are pretty critical about Rocky boots now that they are made in China. I went to the fatory store and I couldn't believe how uncomfortable they were and I tried several boots in different styles because they were pretty cheap. This is a forum about boots and you asked for opinions and I am saying IMO they aren't even close to being what I would wear. If you need leather or synthetic waterproof boots there are many other brands that would be better.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:43 AM
Spike

Hey Champlain Islander thanks for you input. I am located in Arizona, so the terrain i go is desert to pine to you name it. I like the looked of the two previous Boots(Rocky) that i linked. I have also read about them falling apart, and that is why i am trying to find a different brand with similar look or style. Do you no of any that are similar?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.