Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting Boots

Old 12-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

The reviews look good !!

I use Cabela's stuff and find them to be the large brand name item without their tag on it (Cabela's tag instead).

However, for rubber boots I use Lacrosse.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

I've been researching the same thing because I was A fool and bought Chinese made Rockey Boots that were not cheap, says waterproof right on them and I darn near lost my toes in snow because they were not waterproof, not even close to waterproof! I didn't stand in water, although you should be able too, I waked in about 8" of snow with new waterproof boots. After 45 minutes in the snow, my feet were soaked and cold with my truck 45 minutes back.

I called Rockey boot Co. , I wrote Rockey Boot Co. and got no where. I had 1 employee tell me "waterproof doesn't mean you can stand in water." and,"You need to spray them with sylicone if you want them to be waterproof." I filed a complaint with the BBB and Consumer Protection Agency and basically got no where. Never again will I buy Rockey Boots.

I saw those Scent Blocker Bone collector boots on TV. Almost every honest review I've seen for these say not waterproof. Apparently waterproof has a different meaning in China? I could waterproof my tennis shoes with silicone spray, that's not waterproof, that's maybe water resistant? Rockey Boots used to be made in the USA as Lacrosse Boots and many other American made products but are now all made in China. So far for a Rubber hunting boot the best reviews are the Muck boots and I'm almost afraid to ask where they are made now. I believe the started out in Texas.?

I bow hunt in Wisconsin from Sept-January and am looking for the most versatile boot. I plan to do a lot of hunting by boat so waterproof needs to mean I can step in a foot of water and stay dry. I want removable liners so they can dry, I want a second pair of liners to wear while the other is drying. The "other " reason for rubber is scent control. Seems the Muck boot is the closest I've found so far.